Glpi latest needs testers

Hello

yum install https://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/NethDev/nethserver-glpi-latest/nethserver-glpi-latest-1.0.0-1.ns7.noarch.rpm

you will install the last version of glpi, this version cannot be installed with the old nethserver-glpi, it conflicts

admin is : glpi:glpi

please test and report, also the backup

you will install rh-mariadb105 and rh-php73

Possible miss the php-CAS that is not available, it is used when you want a central authentication system

3 Likes

Not something I’ve used before, but it installed without issue on a clean 7.9 box, and I was able to log in as the admin user. It is giving this message:
The password change is obvious, but it looks like install.php ought to be removed.

1 Like

What about if you change the default password, I am not sure for the install.php I need to check even if I forbidd by an apache directive this folder

If I change the password for all four default users, that message goes away. The message for install.php remains.

3 Likes

Thanks dan

If I rename install.php to install.php.old, the warning goes away.

thank dan, I removed that file, the warning is gone, the rpm has been uploaded

1 Like
1 Like

we can also authenticate by the email server (POP or IMAP), maybe easier to configure

The mail field must be adapted

One cons for the ldap authentication, it is stored inside the mysql database I think, not easily modifiable.

i believe it’s like with wordpress or joomla and removing the install folder as it stores the mysql login details in plain text while installing the database

To Setup LDAP(Nethserver AD) Under the glpi webinterface go to Setup > Authentication > LDAP directories and fillout the following:

------------------------------LDAP Server Connection------------------------------------

Default server=Servername-(or fqdn either works i believe it’s more of a descriptive name)
Active=Yes
Server=ldaps://nsdc-orion.ad.yourdomain.com.au
Port=636
Connection Filter=(&(objectClass=user)(samaccountname=*)(!(samaccountname=*$)))
BaseDN=dc=ad,dc=yourdomain,dc=com,dc=au
RootDN=nameofuserwithdomainadminsgrouppermissions@AD.YOURDOMAIN.COM.AU
Login Field=samaccountname
Synchronization field=objectguid

------------------Binding to the LDAP directory (at least for anyone using Nethserver as ad)-----------------

Surname=sn
First name=givenname
Email=mail
Phone=telephonenumber
Mobile phone=mobile' Picture=thumbnailphotoLocation=%{streetaddress},%{postalcode},%{st},%{co}`

--------------------Belonging to groups--------------

Search type=Users and Groups
User attribute containing its groups=memberof
Filter to search in groups=(objectClass=user)

--------------------------------------------Advanced information---------------------------------------------------------

LDAP directory time zone=yourGMT Offset if unsure check here
Domain name used by inventory tool for link the user=ad.yourdomain.com.au

then go to Administration > Users
click on [LDAP Directory Link]
Then Click on [Import new users]
and on [expert mode]
and [search]
then do the same for groups

tried to write a documentation

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=glpi-latest

1 Like

the install aove works fine,
using the documebntation though running
yum install nethserver-glpi-latest gives nothing to do error.

install worked flawlessly.
activating marketplace works fine.

Noticed if you had older version installed before, and you uninstall, the new version will pick the old plugins that had been installed.

in my case karastock and busines sprocess

not yet released for now, use the installation at the top of topic. Yes the marcket seems to work nicely :smiley:

released

4 Likes