FTP sub folders

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009 (final)
Module: vsftpd

Hi,
I’d like to use FTP from my nethserver fileserver as it’s amore convenient way of setting up one of my backup routines but I’m unable to get access to sub folders within my backup share.

I’ve created a dedicated user and chrooted to the relevnt folder and the base folder appears correctly but my backup software cannot open sub folders.

I tried creating a custom e-smith permissiosn template where I set the localroot umask to 022 but this doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Hi @jcp2mill
I have a few questions.

• Can you show us the template please.
  • Did you expand the template?
  • Do you see the changes of your template at the config file?

Hi Michael,

I’ve removed that template now as I’ve played around with various differnet umasks with no results and yes template had been exapnded.

I created a new user ftpuser and whilst creating files in the ftp home folder for that user I’m fine but if change the root directory to any of the various shares I have I either can;t change folders or cannot open the folder at all.

I suspect this is because the user is not part of the domain?

Hi,

I’ve confirmed this now if I set the home folder to a share where “everyone” has read access then folders can be changed etc but this doesn;t work for folders with higher permissions. I don;t want to send the password as plain text so I’ll have a look at a custom template for sftp.

I’m not sure if this is the right file:

/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Perhaps somebody else from @support_team can help.

@jcp2mill
Did you find a solution?

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay my fileserver is a VM and I’m in the process of replacing my SAN and migrating it so I’ve temporarlly put this on hold. I’m part way through by using a combination of this:

and setting system user access for vsftpd I’ll probably try and finish it off next week and get back to you with the results.