Fix / correct Spanish translation

Greetings Team @spanish_team @alefattorini , I have returned after being infected with covid-19 and my family. We have recovered although we suffered from the aftermath of it.

I will correct some translations into Spanish so that it is aesthetic and more professional for its start-up in companies.

neth2 neth4 neth5

Is it possible to expand this menu a little more?

A hug for everyone

3 Likes

Happy to have you back. Stay safe. Best wishes for you and your family.

4 Likes

Thanks Bro @dnutan

Currently I have made progress in the Spanish translations, I hope to finish next week, and notify its completion to test the language packs.

2 Likes

A week of certifications in cisco academy and Spanish translations in NethServer.

Good week. Spanish language is ready.

Greetings to all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

@spanish_team @alefattorini

3 Likes

Is it possible to extend the menu? @support_team @dev_team

1 Like

I think the trimming of the menu entries happens because of the scrollbar. Does it look better when the browser window has enough height so that the scrollbar won’t appear?

EDIT:

it’s trimmed in other languages than English. I did not find the right width in css…

1 Like

Thanks, tomorrow I will document myself in the cockpit to see what I can solve, I think something can be done otherwise I will have to modify the translations to make it shorter

2 Likes

I do not think so :frowning:

hi @giacomo yes, it can be edited compressed css (app.7e1e2550.css.gz)

I am placing the specific line to be able to extend it

to achieve this I will notify you to do some implementation at the level of updates

1 Like

I made a progress, when I have all the lines to edit I will send the configured file for you to test it.

2 Likes

if we change this value

#navbar-left{width:auto;

Is there a way that this value comes from the factory? @dev_team

in app.7e1e2550.css we will achieve this.

I am looking for how to customize the scroll bar to be thinner

It was hard to find, but I think it comes from our css: /usr/share/cockpit/nethserver/css/app.7e1e2550.css.gz.

See also https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-cockpit/blob/master/ui/src/styles/main.css

But I have no idea if it’s safe to change it.

at least change from 55px to auto

#navbar-left {
width: 55px; auto
-webkit-transition: width 0.25s ease-in-out;
-moz-transition: width 0.25s ease-in-out;
-o-transition: width 0.25s ease-in-out;
transition: width 0.25s ease-in-out;

Thanks @giacomo

1 Like

@giacomo I will do some tests before to see if these changes do not affect all the structures of the applications. if they affect its graphic design I will leave it as it is.

1 Like

@jgjimenezs I’ve create a draft package for you: https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-cockpit/pull/327

You can test it on multiple monitor sizes.
@stephdl do we have the same problem with other languages like French?

1 Like

yes with french we could increase the size of the left panel too, just a cosmetic fix…no idea how to do it :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks bro

Can you please check with the package inside the PR?

1 Like

yes it seems good what do you think @jgjimenezs