Expanding ad schema for user templates

just wondering how id go about additional attributes to the user template ad schema such as
first and last name, phone number, address etc

@Shane_Treweek

Hi

Just install on any member-workstation (AD!) Microsoft’s RSAT (From Software Optional in Win10…).
You’ll need at least the User / Group part, maybe DNS too…
To administrate, you can use any AD user with admin permissions (mostly admin…).

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

ok thats easier than i expected thanks

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

To add in user photos easily to AD - and to NextCloud too! (Freeware)

Managing Profiles on Windows (Creating a default profile): (Freeware)
https://www.forensit.com/downloads.html

TSplus: Make your Win10 PC a multi-user Terminal Server. I run this on Proxmox,virtualized for Clients with Home Office! For users, this looks and feels like a known Win10 PC, something you can’t say when using MS Windows Server & Terminal Server CALs (And way more expensive). And comes with VERY cool features. (Here I’m thinking of your daughters “learning” PC…).

https://www.terminalserviceplus.com/features.php

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Do you know if there is a Linux TSPlus client?

Very helpfull links! Thanks a lot!

@ssabbath

Hi

TSPlus is pure compatible Microsoft RDP, Linux can handle that eg with rdesktop. But there are comfortable GUI alternatives for Linux:

For Linux I use Remmina, also for my clients.
They work either with a Raspberry PI, or a Linux Desktop / Notebook running Linux Mint.
Both use Remmina.

My 2 cents
Andy

PS: RDP with Dual Screens does not work well with ANY open source RDP, seems like no developer ever cared, the rdesktop “could” handle it, but no, hasn’t been coded yet…
There are commercial solutions, even for RPI4 with correct, MS-like Dual screen handling for Linux RDP.

I personally never liked dual screens, for the simple, stupid reason that the yes / no dialog box always pops up in the middlle… So I never use it…

2 Likes

Here is dual screen for RPI (commercial, but cheap).

My 2 cents
Andy

Nice!

Do you know if you face printing problems using linux? I mean printing from Remmina to a local printer?

If you have a rare, non linux supporting printer, you may have issues. Else it just works… :slight_smile:
Windows will need the driver, though…

1 Like