Error upgrading mariadb

Hi *,
I want upgrade mariadb in my firewall, becouse it’s a zabbix proxy about the perifericals of my home lan, the server is in office.
but from the last upgrade of zabbix 6 is required mariadb 10.5 or above.

I try upgrade mariadb from this link, all start, but i recive error:
file /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service from install of MariaDB-server-10.8.3-1.el7.centos.x86_64 conflicts with file from package nethserver-mysql-1.1.5-1.ns7.noarch

how can i resolve?
Is there any way for upgrade mariadb in a simple way?

There is nethserver-rh-mariadb105 to install rh-mariadb10.5 alongside other mariadb versions (not to replace the main/default one). It is used, for instance, by NethServer’s Nextcloud and GLPI implementations. Surely some tweaks to zabbix config would be required to point it to the right mariadb version (do not know the specifics, though).

There is a community maintanined zabbix module but not yet for zabbix 6. There is some work to port from zabbix 5 to zabbix 6 but with docker containers.

3 Likes

installing docker on a firewall just to have the zabbix proxy function I don’t think it is a good solution …
I see to study the solution a bit and find the way to use the mariadb 10.5 package that you indicated to me.

thanks a lot for the tip