December Community Hangout

Done. Pick up your date :slight_smile:

2 Likes

15 Dic looks a great choice. @ambassadors_group ? @danb35 @planet_jeroen @iglqut @des @EddieA @asl @Andy_Wismer @a4rgl @pagaille would you like to join? I really want see your faces :family_man_woman_boys:

2 Likes

15 dec is the only option for me since I work until 18.00h each monday and wednesday. I am home around 19.00h on those days.
If you go for the 15th, I can join. Looking forward to that!

Community hangout … what does it mean?

Is that like a big conference call or a live event ? Is there a link to how that works ?

Me too, same question: What is a community hangout?

Sort of multi-conference video-chat to meet each other and talk primarly about nethserver. Everyone is free to join (number of participants could be limited by video streaming resources)…

2 Likes

Hi @asl
Hangout is the ‘tool’ we use. It is a Google service and you need a google account to use it: https://hangouts.google.com/
If you know of any other service that can serve as a live (video) chat service (without data grabbing companies looking over ouw shoulders and preferably open source) please tell us!

2 Likes

Why is that not a Nethservice yet? :smile:

I’m looking at webex. Not free for the host, but free for participants. The subscription model could pay for the service and be a real friendly way of having users join a call from wherever when they need support and you require talking and explaining over and forth. This is not on my shortlist tho, so investigation is preliminary.

If an open-source alternative exist, I would like to know as well.

2 Likes

If I filter on alternativeto.net I get some options as opensource replacements: https://alternativeto.net/software/webex/?license=opensource
I see BigBlueButton wich also is widely used in educational solutions. So I would favor for that if it would come to NethServer as a module.

3 Likes

…if that could be integrated in asterix, so as to accept incomming regular landline calls into webhosted meetings, depending on bandwith cost and thus how feasible it would be to self-host, would be fantastic.

1 Like

There’s also apache openmeetings. I used these tools some time ago, don’t know how they developed. But replacing Hangouts and providing meeting software integrated in NS would be really nice.

1 Like

This would be awesome!

What about using NethConference? Would it be suitable?

Doh! The one day in the list (18th December) that I could potentially make it as I am not at work, I am at a school event!

Looks like I’ll either miss the event guys - sorry

Unfortunately I’m will not be able to attend at the time proposed. Thanks for inviting though :slight_smile:

I signed up!

2 Likes

Ehi we have 3 days equally selected: 13-15-18 Dec.
@mrmarkuz @robb @iglqut @des are you sure of your choices?

I will adapt to any date you choose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good, so 15th Dec at 17.30 looks the best one. What do you think people? @gecco @Jclendineng @robb @m.traeumner @mrmarkuz @davidep @des @asl @davidep and me
Probably also @planet_jeroen
We will miss just @iglqut

Please add this to your calendar:

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/YWxlc3Npby5mYXR0b3JpbmlAZ21haWwuY29t.2b52os3k3b93tgs5tqb83sd5us?authuser=0

1 Like

Works for me… added to my agenda…

1 Like