Csgo and hassio and pihole on nethserver

Hi
I have now a mix of linux dist in my vmware environment.
I have upgrade my server with more CPU and that and was thinking maybe run everything with nethservers. So in this two days I have done that. Now I running 8 Nethservers on my vmware and it works very nice.

The only I have left is a CSGO, Hassio and pihole server

I have find some guide of this three to install on CentOS 7

CSGO

Hassio

(This is the Home Assistant version and not hassio but maybe with dockers I can get it to work with hassio but not sure. Have see alot of people have that problem with hassio and CentOS 7)

pihole

(I did find someone asking for pihole to be a feature in nethserver but the thread was from 2018 so I guess it did not happen :slight_smile:

My question is this good guide or do someone have anything better that fit nice to nethserver?
Why I asked is because I accidentally found that someone here has made a package of zabbix and guacamole when I searched for something else. thanks mrmarkuz for that

1 Like

Here’s a docker method:

Maybe just add hassio and CSGO:

https://hub.docker.com/r/cm2network/csgo

@cazz

Hi

I’m running PI-Hole at home, installed according to the instructions on a Linux Container in my Proxmox. This uses very little CPU and RAM, but works great.

I’m also running Home Assistant (HassIO), but I have a RaspBerry 4 running that.
HassIO works great, but installing it anywhere else than suggested is more than a PITA.
(PITA=Pain in the A…)
There ARE VM Images for VMWare…

PI-Home can be monitored in Home Assistant, and so can Proxmox (and / or VMWare!).

As I’m running Home Assistant in a seperate box, I can use Wake on Lan (WOL) to start my Proxmox, Computers and NAS, if needed.

My 2 cents
Andy

My Home LAN:

Settings for PI-Hole:

The Boot Disk could be smaller, like 2-4 GB…

Do you know this script for Proxmox: New Proxmox VM with Home Assistant

1 Like

@fausp

Hi

Does this use a full VM or a Container?
And does it use HassIO, meaning full WebGUI access to Shop and Apps?

Thx
Andy

Its KVM:

Cant say it atm…

Cool

Easier forwarding for eg the Z-Wave Stick, although USB would be possible for a Container…
Serial in a Container is a PITA… Never could get RAZberry to work with Home Assistant on my Raspberry, and that’s built in Docker…

Andy

Thanks for the replay,
I going to try to see if I got it to work and I do not need to rush, as long I have my old system working I can take my time.

@Andy_Wismer
I did use Raspberry Pi before to my Hassio but I did got some problem with the SD card so I switch to the Ubuntu with dockers. and it was very easy and simple to get it to work.
I guess when it run inside a dockers it does not care what kind of machine it have.

@mrmarkuz
I have try a little now for fun and I have never hear about portainer but it was easy to install.
But not sure the bridage (aqua) works with my network. Not sure why and I have look what I can but not sure what to see. I even open up dockers on the firewall like you did write.

Maybe you need to setup a route to the aqua network on your gateway or on the connecting client?

Hi

Be aware that HassIO (At least the Raspberry HassIO/Home Assistant Image provided) uses a more or less hard coded IP inside the docker. If I recall correctly, it’s 172.30.30.1. If you happen to use that in your Network, your network can get screwed - a friend had that IP as his firewall, the network for 10 years.
Home Assistant would not work. After having a closer look, it’s understandable. IP conflict with the default gateway / router. HassIO couldn’t download needed components.

This IP is not cleanly isolated inside docker… :frowning:
(That’s why you get problems…)

My 2 cents
Andy

@mrmarkuz
Hmm ok going to look at it and see what I going to do.

@Andy_Wismer
ahh ok, have never think about it. To tell the truth I have forgot how I did install it on my ubuntu.

But I maybe just let them be like they are as long they working why change :smiley:

2 Likes

@cazz

If it’s not broken, why repair it?

:slight_smile:

@Andy_Wismer
I know, but is hard to stop, working and fix linux is addictive

I have a CSGO server, Database Server, Hassio, pihole, webserver, mediaserver, nextcloud server, Proxy server, Mail server, Guacamole and Zabbiz. I just thinking what more I can have that is good to have :smiley:

Zoneminder for Cams, FOG-Project for Imaging / cloning, if you’re looking for ideas. Both run well as LXC Containers in Proxmox. :slight_smile:

hmm nice idea and I have use both.
Zoneminder was fun but now i use Milestones and FOG was fun to but use most Clonezilla.

But I have been curious to see if I can setup a PXE boot server for clonezilla.
Maybe give FOG another changes.
I have been curious to see if I can setup LDAP for my nethservers

Milestones seems to be commercial premiumware, no foss, no download without registering, and needs Windows…
:frowning:

PXE with clonezilla and more with BootMenu, from your NethServer…

Well yes Milestone run on windows but is free up to 8 cam and we running that at work so it was simple to get it to work at home.

mm I think I going to give FOG a try again :smiley:

I’m running ZoneMinder at a Hotel with 10+ cams, 4 Full HD, with automated recording.
All on a LXC, very slim, and NO Windows! Excellent remote viewing via Internet for Mobiles (Android and iOS).

If I have a choice, I prefer an Open Source Soultion without Premium-Payware options, and running on BSD or Linux.

But FOG, with a nice Bootmenu:

PXE-01

PXE-02