Cours NethServer-101

Hi all,

At last, I finished my documentation on Cours NethServer-101.

There are 11 documents, all in French. https://dokuwiki.micronator-dev.org/

• Cahier-01: → Les bases de Linux.
  • Cahier-02: → Installation et configuration des logiciels prérequis sur le poste de travail.
  • Cahier-03: → Création d’un Serveur NethServer virtuel.
  • Cahier-04: → Serveur NethServer LOCAL & Let’s Encrypt.
  • Cahier-05: → FAI, modem VDSL, domaine FQDN et Serveur NethServer physique.
  • Cahier-06: → Installation de WordPress.
  • Cahier-07: → Installation de l’extension de sécurité Wordfence.
  • Cahier-08: → WooCommerce, comptes chez Stripe et PayPal pour les paiements en ligne.
  • Cahier-09: → Sauvegarde/restauration ou migration d’un site avec l’extension Duplicator.
  • Cahier-10: → Serveur mandataire inversé.
  • Cahier-11: → Sauvegarde/restauration avec BackupPC.

Any comment, suggestions, modifications, etc… all appreciated,

Michel-André

14 Likes

I absolutely love such initiative. Is it ok to translate this into other languages? Do you want to host translated versions or should we find another location for those? We could even put them in the NS wiki, or transform them into a Moodle course…

2 Likes

Hi Rob,

I am opened to all of them.

Just tell me how,

I also have all the documentation in PDF - https://www.micronator.org/affaires/boutique/.
They are all freely available, just have to register.
They will be updated tomorrow exactly as in the DokuWiki.

Michel-André

2 Likes

@translations_team can we make an effort of this?
Maybe we can have translations for several languages

• Spanish
  • German
  • Italian
  • English
  • Dutch

Anyone wants to volunteer? I can help with Dutch and English translations.

2 Likes

Very nice initiative, appreciate that. Translations would be great.

I’ve done the translation for every spanish update in the last month, if there’s any content behind i can take a look a it.

2 Likes

Whoa! What a great work!! :clap: :clap:

@alefattorini is time for a gift! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow!! Really impressive work! Love it! :heart_eyes:
Give this man a gold-:1st_place_medal: :clap: :clap:

PS:How many hours did you work on this?

@michelandre @ambassadors_group
I would like to propose a carbon copy of the course to the NethServer wiki. Then create tranlated versions from there.
The big pro for this is that we already have several active members that have joined the nethserver wiki as contributors. Also creating an account on the nethserver wiki is IMO easier than having an external account on the wiki of Andre Michel.
@ambassadors_group Are there any problems with the content referring to the domain and website of Michel Andre?
@michelandre do you have any problems with only having a global liink to your website and refferencing you as the author, but leaving out all the links to your domain inside the course?

I am trying here to keep all the interests of both NethServer and Michel Andre in mind and hope we can come to some kind of consensus we all can live with so we can start working on translations and not only French speaking nethservians can use this great work.

regards,
robb

3 Likes

Hi Rob,

No problems.

The 2-3 links inside the course referring to my domain are for translations files for WordPress, Wordfence, and Stripe for some extensions used inside the course . You can copy those referred files to the NS site. Those translated files are the ones most downloaded from my site.

For other links like to ones to access the described web site inside the courses are only examples. You can change them to other names as you like.

Hoping that this course can help people to build their own eCommerce based on NethServer.

Michel-André

2 Likes

Hi Ralf,

For the number of hours, I can not tell it for fear of being described as a maniac but I can say that I used around 2400 screen captures.

Michel-André

8 Likes

Hi @michelandre
Can you have a look at the text on the descriptionpage for the course .Chapter 3 (Cahier 3) has a small omission.
Instead of NethServer 7 you stall talk about SME 9… :slight_smile: maybe you want to change it in NethServer 7…

Additionally, I have another question. You have described how to install and use Stripe as payment service. Would it be an idea to add several other payment solutions to the course so anyone can choose the payment service that suits best his needs?

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I corrected the typo on all my sites.

For the payment method, I searched WordPress for extensions with Keyword “Payment Gateways” and it gave 43 pages for 1,534 items.

- STANDARD included by default

• Stripe
  • PayPal
  • Direct bank transfer
  • Check payments
  • Cash on delivery
  • a few other…

- OTHER

• Amazon Pay
  • Braintree
  • 2Checkout Inline Checkout
  • Piraeus Bank WooCommerce Payment Gateway
  • Mollie Payments for WooCommerce
  • GoUrl Bitcoin Payment Gateway & Paid Downloads & Membership
  • Barion Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
  • WooCommerce PayU EU Payment Gateway

Almost all of those gateways give a choice of credit cards to pay with - all the major/minor cards are there.

I choose Stripe and PayPal. Both offer a sandbox fot testing your configuration. Also, both offer a choice of credit cards for payments.

Stripe is better, cheaper and automatically transfers payments after 7 days to your bank account.
For the payment throught encryption communication, you just send you account API key and give the customer name and the total amount to charge; nothing else, they take care of everything.
You don’t have to know the customer card number or anything else. The security is their problem, not mine…

Again, thank you very much for your feedback,

Michel-André

I raised the payment question because these can be different per country. If in one country Stripe is the cheapest or best option, it can be that another PSP (Payment Seervice Provider) has better options for another country.
Using a PSP is very convenient because most providers give multiple payment options.
In the Netherlands the biggest online payment method by far is iDeal. This a payment option by the Dutch banks. That’s why it probably is not known in other countries. For a Dutch webshop, iDeal support is an absolute must. I Think Strips supports iDeal, but it might be expensive (don’t know, I did not investigate it too thoroughly)
Turns out that for the Dutch market, mollie and Sisow are BY FAR the cheapest options for iDeal payments with EUR0,29 per transaction. Other options start at EUR0.39 per transaction up to EUR1.13 for Buckaroo iDeal only…

Anyway, other possible PSP’s:

• Adyen
  • Buckaroo
  • Icepay
  • Sisow
  • Mollie

Once I came back from my vacations I will send a gift to Andre! Such a great job man :wink:

Hi Alessio,

When you come back, I will have added a few more application documents for NethServer on my site.

Have very good vacations.

Michel-André

3 Likes

Hi all,

I added a few more documents at https://dokuwiki.micronator-dev.org/.

“Cours NethServer-201” describes the installation and configuration of applications on NethServer.

Any comment, suggestions, modifications, etc… all appreciated,

Michel-André

6 Likes

Super! :heart_eyes:

In the mean time I assigned an Amazing Guide Writer badge to @michelandre

6 Likes

Hi Alessio,

I am honored to receive such a tribute.

Thank you,

Michel-André

3 Likes