Changing the IP Address of a Samba Domain Controller

**NethServer Version:8

I want to change the IP address of an already set-up Samba domain controller. How should I configure it?

I changed the IP address of AlmaLinux 9, which is hosting NethServer 8, and updated the new IP address in /home/samba1/.config/state/environment. After rebooting, I was able to access the NethServer 8 web UI with the new IP address. However, when I checked the IP address of the Samba provider, it still had the old information, and I could not reference the user information.

I know you asked this a while back. Maybe this is what your looking for. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
-SF-

Thank you very much for your response and the assistance you provided.
I am truly grateful for your help.

[root@al93ns8org99 ~]# api-cli run module/samba1/set-ipaddress --data ‘{“192.168.100.xx”:“ip”}’
Warning: using user “cluster” credentials from the environment
Validation errors: [(root): ipaddress is required]
[{“parameter”: “(root)”, “error”: “(root)_required”, “value”: {“192.168.100.xx”: “ip”}, “field”: “(root)”}]

Is it correct to run these commands on the Nethserver host, or should they be run elsewhere?

The reason I sent that to you is because that is what I was going through yesterday and I came across your poset and it looked like the same issue and thought I would pass it along.

Also, what is the underlining OS Linux distro of your device. Mine is debian. I had to do this in root. So I had to do

su -

and login as root. I figure you are probably in root doing this. but just in case I thought I would add that.

I fixed the issue yesterday with @davidep 's help. Go ahead and read through the following post. The solution is close to the end. Here is the post you should read.

Hope it helps

-SF-

Hi @ntk725, the above command inverts the expected order of “ip” and “192.168.100.xx”. It is not the JSON object the action expects and prints the error: Validation errors: [(root): ipaddress is required].

As Jeff says, you’ve to be root to run a command like the following (replace your IP):

api-cli run module/samba1/set-ipaddress --data '{"ipaddress":"192.168.1.123"}'

The manual section, which had a typo, has been fixed now: NethServer 7 migration — NS8 documentation.

1 Like

Trying to set up a new instance of samba-dc, but it´s created on the wg-vpn-ip and 127.0.0.1, very convenient if you try to access it from the lan…
Trying to set it up to accept the local ip with

$ api-cli run module/samba4/set-ipaddress --data ‘{“ipaddress”:“192.168.178.66”}’
Warning: using user “cluster” credentials from the environment
“[{"field":"ipaddress","parameter":"ipaddress","value":""192.168.178.66"","error":"peer_dc_found"}]\n”

Why is the local ip excluded by default? Can´t change the set ip…