Can't Find Web Server

Hey Guys,
I’ve installed NethServer 6.6 and i got the web server module from the software center but i can’t find it in the Management Interface.
Anyone can help??

@Menal_Habib, there is no configuration of apache within the admin interface, just place your web pages / project into /var/www/html and change the ownership of these files to the apache user (or make the files world readable – chmod 644)

Umm, if he needs to set up a site that accesses MySQL (e.g. Joomla, Wordpress, etc.), he may want to do it like @filippo_carletti advised me. “The best practice is to create a user (with its password) for every web site with limited access to its database. Using only one password, if one of the site is compromised, the attacker will access all sites.”

I currently have my site in /var/lib/nethserver/ibay/webserver/, but I should probably redo it as a regular user, instead of root. :frowning:

EDIT: @Menal_Habib This article may be helpful also: HowTo install Joomla on NethServer

3 Likes

You can also create a shared folder and enable the HTTP access to it.

2 Likes

yum install nethserver-{httpd,ibays,mysql}

With neth use only an ibay for all your container of files whatever the protocol

1 Like