Cannot join QNAP to Domain

The QNAP does not have that name as he is not a part of the domain yet…
I don’t know If i can write it’s FQDN or where to…

Do the QNAP NAS has the same computer/hostname that had before?
Was the Computer Account removed from the NSAD structure?

@pike
Yes, the QNAP has the same name, and yes, the computer account was deleted from the NSAD structure

Update,

I have installed a Microsoft Domain server and connected the QNAP to it with no problem.

To the best of my understanding, the QNAP is configured correctly, so the error is located on the NethServer, and probably in the DNS area.

Thank you all for your help so far

This is possible but is not the only explanation, because others succeeded in a similar task.

This is bogus, for sure.

You may try to disable strong auth:

Samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#New_Default_for_LDAP_Connections_Requires_Strong_Authentication

Maybe I am wrong… DNS server used by qnap should be the container (nsdc) or Nethserver?

I have the same problem on a QNAP TS-421 and a TS-453-PRO. Nor can I join the samba domain.
Have also tried all versions of FQDN, check that I can ping the domain compter as well as ad.domain.local also get an ip back. And I do.
I have to try all the tips here on this topic.
but have failed to get through :frowning:Udklip

Hi @Michael_Dahlgren_Nie
First thing check that your QNAP firmware is up to date.

Do you need that QNAP will be a remote domain controller or only a member of domain? If you set a remote domain controller in read-only mode it should work.

1 Like

They have the latest firmware. The aim is that they should be medlemer of the domaine

After i tried myself, with different combinations of name. is it new successful to get through the qnap domain wizard.
But now say that the domain is missing

Domain|624x451 Domain1

Can you try to set up a domain not .local and use a domain.ext and join?

So what you say is that i need to create a domain called .ext and not.local?

I think he means any other extention but .local
You could opt for .lan or any other outside world extention… (beware that you can get into DNS issues if you use a domain you do not own yourself)

/edit: link to an explanation why .local is not recommended: https://serverfault.com/a/811715

:point_up::blush:

Yes, as @robb says. It’s only a test… I don’t know why AD should not works in QNAP…
Otherwise join as domain controller in read only and you have the same users also on QNAP

I now have a new test on a new install Nethserver. with a domain name that is ad.homedahlgren.lan.
unfortunately with the same result I can get through the guide. but after that it says that domain is missing.
Are some who have an idea for what it can be?

Can you try to set QNAP temporarily in DHCP and join?

No, but will test now.
should i set to dhcp too?

ok, after reviewing qnap log, it turns out that the very first thing about it is that it has join, and then says missing. Then there comes a security mode error in the log.Domain3