I know and I have installed the backup module. While I found the following documents, its still unclear how to restore it (especially the configuration backup) to another device (or same device should it fail).
Steps to be executed:
- Install the new machine with the same host name as the old one
- Configure a data backup, so the system can retrieve saved data and configuration
- If the old machine was the network gateway, remember to re-install firewall module
- Install additional packages (optional)
- Restore the configuration backup from page Backup (configuration) > Restore in Server Manager, or executing: restore-config
- If a warning message requires it, reconfigure the network roles assignment. See Restore network roles below.
- Verify the system is functional
- Restore data backup executing: restore-data
On step 5, it did not mention how get the configuration backup from the a failed system. On my test machine, configuration backup do not have specifics on where to dump the backup unlike the Data backup.