Error: You have to select at least one green to remap

NethServer Version: 7.8
Module: fresh installed, only “restore data”

Hello,
I tried to collect some experiences with disaster recovery on a different system - and missed.

Situation:
0. studied: https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/disaster_recovery.html and Backup/restore (DR)

1. Old-System with data-backup via FTP and restic
  2. new system prepared…
  • same host name
  • same update level
  • RED-WAN-Interface defined
  • GREEN-DUMMY-Interface with the same IP-Address like the old system installed
  • backup identical to the old server (same destination with IP and Path, same naming, also restic) configured
  • needed repositories and DBs installed
  • the config-backup-file separately prepared for download fro webserver

No restore is possible:

1. try to restore the config, the error comes:

The NIC’s are identically defined to the old system! Only the IP of RED differs. Why comes this error?
  2. for testing purposes I tried to pick up a data backup - no backups are present.

…the entry is not functional.
  3. from the restore data-module

within the old system, the backups are present

Did you try to disable “Restore network config” or “Assign later” ?

Hi Markuz, I knew this from other installations, but in this case this dialog is not shown

The GUI form ends behind “check configuration”

I reinstalled the system 2 times, no differences.

Sincerely, MArko

Does it make a difference if you choose source from file instead url?

1 Like

Thank you @mrmarkuz … another miracle… By suggested manual uploading the file the GUI form is present now. I have to choose “assign later” for both NICs to prevent the error message.

Now the restoring of the config and automatical reinstalling missing packages works but the process finished with:

echo '{"action":"restore-backup-config","data":"u00","InstallPackages":"enabled","SkipNetwork":"enabled","remap":{}}' | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-backup/execute | jq

After deleting and recreating the data backup job I could restore data also. The typical …/vmail/…-Folders and others are existing. Should I check anything before I switch my external managed DNS A-Records to the restored system?.

Maybe check custom templates if used.
You may check if mail and websites are working.

Therefore I have to switch the A-Record I think, because I use vhosts for multiple domains. I have no idea if I can check them only by IP address. The MX-record (+DKIM, SPF…) points also to this server.

I don’t use custom templates, but nextcloud and webtop with integration issues.

I suspected that I had deleted too much per yum autoremove and hope to get a fresh installation by this way. I had excluded the path /var/lib/nethserver/webtop from backup especially to get a fresh installation.
… it’s a trie. But the main system must be operable if I switch the A-Record.

For me, the big unknown is basically whether the installation of software packages will include the necessary paths in the backup. Unfortunately, the respective manuals silent about this.

You could use your local DNS server or the local hosts file on a client to point to the internal IP of the new Nethserver to check the websites by name.

Yes, the software packages add themselves to the backup.

1 Like

I didn’t want to open a separate thread right away, but I noticed that wrong rights are set on directories during recovery. I compared this inside the vmail directory.

original system: vhost:vhost
recovered system: opendkim:unbound

Marko