Apache Guacamole does not work after Nethserver update

NethServer Version: NethServer 7.9.2009

Module: nethserver-guacamole-0.0.1-2.ns7.noarch.rpm and other versions
After Nethserver and Nextcloud update the Apache guacamole does not work.
The error I got is

An error has occurred and this action cannot be completed. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator or check your system logs.

Please help to troubleshoot this.
Thanks.

Hi @Arthur,

welcome to NethServer Community.

Which version of nethserver-guacamole did you have before the update?

Is tomcat8 running?

systemctl status tomcat8

Please check /var/log/messages and /opt/tomcat8/logs/* for errors.

You may try to update:

Or try to cleanup extensions

rm -rf /var/lib/guacamole/extensions/*

and reinstall nethserver-guacamole:

yum reinstall nethserver-guacamole

Hello!
this did not work.
I have found the errors on messages log that guacamole mysql user cant connect to database (did not look why yet). Have changed the password and all works now.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, one more question.
After update I realized that Nextcloud does not allow access the guacamole site with “/guacamole” url. So I have created another virtualhost. Then I requested Letsencrypt ssl certificate but this does not associate virtualhost with ssl. How / where I can configure Letsencrypt SSL certificate path?
Thanks!

I could be wrong as I don’t work much on vhosts, NS will present the default certificate it is using. The Vhost will present that same certificate until told to do otherwise. If you have an LE SSL cert that is not being used as the default you can either create a Reverse Proxy on NS or define the LE Cert path in the Vhost configuration file like this example:

SSLEngine on
 SSLCertificateFile /path/to/www_example_com.crt
 SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/www_example_com.key
 SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/LetsEncrypt.ca

The LE certs are located here:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/

1 Like

Usually guacamole uses the default server certificate. Did you set the LE certificate as default? Did you add the domain guacamole is using to the LE cert request?

Thank you very much. I have requested the default SSl with both domains and it is working now.

1 Like

Can you mark this as solved and the post(s) that helped you resolve your issue for others to find in the future?

1 Like