Guacamole 1.2.0

I updated the wiki entry, the vhost is without path and needs to be setup after install:

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=guacamole#virtual_host

Still couldn’t reproduce this.

No problem, i will just remove it then re-install it. no biggies, if i also knew what i did, we could have made it easier to identify how the error came to be, and how to write about it for anyone who get a similar error in future.

1 Like

Language issue was resolved.

Now, ho do i assigned a ldap user to a specific conenction

Tried from mobile now but my server blocked me out. :rofl: Need to check that. I wasn’t able to press a menu button in guacamole on mobile device.
I think in the user settings on bottom you can choose the connections.

That is a permissions issue and I tend to define them at the group level with connections.

1 Like

Has anyone here managed to rebrand the login screen of this solution?

1 Like

I semi-got it to work. The idea behind it is pretty simple; download the .jar to your desktop and open it with 7Zip; add .png file to images folder (my browser says the Icon picture is 60x60) and modify the CSS Text for the title (I did not do this). After, use SCP to move the .jar file onto the server and place the .jar under

/var/lib/guacamole/extensions

Then restart tomcat or reboot your NS machine.

3 Likes

Guacamole 1.2.0 is here with a lot of bug fixes, thanks to @royceb for pointing out. This time we use a newer Guacamole client with the older epel 1.1.0 packages but it should be ok:

The 1.2.0 release is compatible with older 1.x components. You should upgrade older components to 1.2.0 when possible, however things should continue to work correctly in the interim:
Extensions written for older 1.x releases can be used by 1.2.0.
Components written for the version of the Guacamole protocol used by older 1.x releases can be used with components of the 1.2.0 release.

Improvements:

• Groups are working
  • Update to Tomcat8 - nethserver-tomcat (Tomcat 7) can be removed now.

Downsides:

• The new “Disable weak ciphers” feature in SSH settings still blocks guacamole, I guess we need to wait for newer epel libguac-client-ssh

To test Guacamole 1.2.0 (see the wiki for more config details):

yum install https://mrmarkuz.dynu.net/mirror/devtest/nethserver-guacamole-0.0.1-2.ns7.noarch.rpm

Please share your results.

3 Likes

Got a site updated to version 1.2 this morning. Thank you.

EDIT - I did have one semi problem. After the upgrade was completed I needed to re-apply the Virtual Host settings for my https://remote.mydomain.com to resolve again properly. Is there a way to integrate that step into the Cockpit -> Guac App -> settings?

1 Like

I need to check, usually db entries should not be emptied on update so the virtualhost should still be there. Thanks for pointing out.

I’m still working on my cockpit dev skills but it’s on the todo list.

1 Like

I could not reproduce it. Did you update from nethserver-guacamole-0.0.1-1 or an earlier version?

Yes I did upgrade from the previous version from the command line using:

yum install https://mrmarkuz.dynu.net/mirror/devtest/nethserver-guacamole-0.0.1-2.ns7.noarch.rpm

When I refreshed the web page after the upgrade I got a Tomcat location error where re-applying the virtual host settings fixed the over all issue. I performed a snapshot of the vm before I upgraded. I could clone the snapshot this week to see if I can reproduce the same error again.

1 Like

Thanks for testing!

Please check the virtualhost db entry before and after the upgrade, it should not be emptied:

config show guacd

Was it tomcat 7 or 8?

Maybe you need to remove nethserver-tomcat and restart tomcat8 after the upgrade.

Module released. Thanks for testing.

2 Likes

Hi Martin,

don’t know if you managed it yet, but it works with this instructions.

thank you @flatspin

Hi everyone,

in guacamole 1.2.0, here marks the function of “Disable copying from remote desktop” and “Disable pasting from client” correct, but also to you it still doesn’t work?
Sorry if I point it out before here but I have not only tried this excellent pre-compiled package and I have not tried to compile directly from source

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out and sorry for late answer.

I think the problem is that libguac(-client-rdp) 1.1.0 from epel is used.

I tried some time ago and other repos were needed so I decided to just use the epel rpms. I’ll give it another try when I find time. It would be really nice to have all 1.2.0 features.

This is not a job, it’s a community, thanks to you for answering me

As I wrote above, we are not at work here, but it is a passion.
If you can, I try it, but without pressure.
Thank you so much for the great job you do

5 Likes

Are you crazy?
2 days is a late answer for super @mrmarkuz :man_supervillain:

3 Likes