Announcing New NethServer 8 Subscription Plans

We are excited to introduce the NethServer 8 Subscription, designed for companies, enterprises, and professionals seeking a robust, flexible, and secure multi-node application platform for their hybrid cloud environments.

https://www.nethserver.org/subscription

Why Subscribe?

A NethServer subscription ensures that your deployment is backed by the best available technical expertise and the support your organization needs. You were subscribing grants exclusive access to the Enterprise repository, Automatic Updates, and advanced monitoring tools.

Subscription Plans and Features

We offer four distinct plans to suit various needs:

1. Community: Free plan, ideal for tech enthusiasts who enjoy experimenting and customizing their hybrid cloud and multi-node setups.
  2. Personal: Perfect for home users who want to leverage the power of containers and hybrid cloud.
  3. Business: Tailored for companies requiring a reliable and scalable multi-node platform for their applications across hybrid environments.
  4. Partner: Designed for resellers who want to provide top-notch hybrid cloud and container management services to their clients.

How to Migrate a NethServer 7 Subscription to 8

When upgrading to NethServer 8, you can choose either the “Personal” or “Business” plan. In the subscription panel you will see that the older versions you have (Crostino, Pizza, Fiorentina, or Lasagna) are no longer supported, and you need to migrate to a new supported version.

You can perform the upgrade at any time, either immediately or when your current subscription expires.

Supporting the NethServer Community

Your subscription, not only enhances your infrastructure but also helps fund the active development of the NethServer community project. By subscribing, you contribute to the continuous improvement and innovation of our platform.

30-day free trial

Experience the full power of NethServer 8 by selecting the plan that best suits your needs. Enjoy a 30-day free trial and see firsthand how our subscription can benefit your installation. Community version is free forever

Start here :point_left:

Have Questions?

We’re here to help! Reach out to us in the community for any questions → Subscription

Special Thanks

A special thank you to the entire community for supporting this project. We know we can always count on you.

2 Likes

Is Nethvoice included as part of subscription?

1 Like

Good question, what is included, all official repo modules/apps ?

More infos are coming over the next months, at the moment NethServer itself.
We will probably add apps already included in 7 nextcloud, mailserver, mattermost, webtop, ecc…
No, NethVoice is going to have a different subscription and a free plan.

I’d like to know the technical details of each plan. When will those be released?

@alefattorini

Do I get a credit for my two Crostino subscriptions that I have already taken out for NS 7?

Regards…

Uwe

Yes take a look at the FAQs. You can migrate your subscription

IF an Organization choses to use Nethsecurity + NEthserver + NEthvoice, Honestly i think the costs are going to be significantly huge.

For Me, being an MSP, i understand there is a Partnership option, Which am hoping to have conversation with someone About… Not sure the costs are going to be that different.

Chances are, a single organization may not necessarily use 1 server, but more than one.
Myself i like separating Critical Servers.
i.e I can have Mail and Nextcloud on the same server, But i will not have Mattermost/whatever we use on the same server as those. and definitely Pbx may not be in those servers. otherwise if the server goes down, All our communications, internal and external are down…

May add more servers to manage, but imagine clients cant call you, Emails cant go in or out, you cant chat internal to resolve the issues… because a single server is Down… So if i have a subscription, i can only imagine…

What is the impact of the “Crostino” license upon expiry?
I ask this beyond just the economic aspect.
Will I be forced to upgrade the NethSecurity version (7 to 8)?

Hi @lucanardini.70

There never has been a “NethSecurity 7”, it is togetherr with NethServer 7.

NethSecurity starts at version 8…

You can continue to use NethServer 7, which will NOT see any security updates as it is EOL, and security level will be less and less. But you can choose when to upgrade…

My 2 cents
Andy

The change destabilized me and made me not use the right terms.
The correct question is:
Will upgrading from “Crostino” (NethSecurity 7.9) to “Personal NethSecurity” force me to install version 8?
I imagine your answer will be the same.

Hi @lucanardini.70

AFAIK no.

But I’ll have to leave that detail for the pros: @alefattorini

My 2 cents
Andy

Sorry Luca we’re not already communicating this change of plans outside our community, we’re just collecting feedback on it.
I’m working on an email to send to every nethserver/nethsecurity users, it will arrive in a few days.
I saw that you already bought the personal subscription plan thanks for that!

As you said Personal NethSecurity is only for NethSecurity 8

I understand, we can think of a combo of NethSecurity subscription + NethServer subscription
There’s no plan for that at the moment but we would consider it :ok_hand:

I point you out that if you already have a subscription of ns7 with the firewall part you can migrate your subscription to nsec8 with no cost

1 Like

I would realy like that plan :wink:
Specially for the home users.

looking forward to that.

I am also considering NethVoice, i am exremly curious on the Price plans as well//