After restore problem with nethserver imap inbox

After a desaster recovery almost everything is up and running. One big issue though is that in my imap inbox there is a problem. Mails are listed in thunderbird inbox, but are “empty”. Those emails also cannot be drag & dropped to desktop or moved to a subfolder (in which emails are ok). And new emails dont appear in that inbox.

I installed roundcube and checked inbox there. Going to inbox:
server error: UID SORT: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2020-11-08 11:57:41] (0.002 + 0.000 + 0.001 secs).

Can this be a problem with access rights on the inbox folder? How to fix? Could a reinstall of imap help fixing this?

Comparing the access rights in one mailbox on both servers, showed that some of the mails were owned by root. chown vmail:vmail solved this on my mailbox. I am now studying the folder structures in the mailboxes as I dont want to screw it while recursively executing a chown, but chown -R vmail:vmail /var/lib/nethserver/vmail seems save. :slight_smile: (Took a snapshot first - just in case)

2 Likes

same at me with different user:group

Sincerely, Marko

2 Likes

@dev_team
Do we have a bug here?

I wonder if it was not the same issue here

1 Like

I beleave the email restore and the redis problem could both be because of a bug in restic restore.