Account provider generic error: SSSD exit code 1 fresh installation

Hey guys,

I have a strange issue on a domain controller. This is a new virtualized (proxmox) domain controlled.
This is the last version of nethserver and it’s updated. Container is also updated. Bridge is in promiscous mode.

When I install the domain controller everything works fine, but, as soon as I reboot the server I get the SSSD exit code 1. This happens with a fresh installation without any configuration. Just hostname and static ip for server and container are configurated.

Oct 16 12:57:04 server systemd: Removed slice User Slice of root.
Oct 16 12:57:04 server httpd: [ERROR] NethServer\Tool\GroupProvider: Account provider generic error: SSSD exit code 1

Oct 16 12:57:04 server httpd: [ERROR] (Invalid argument): IO::Socket::INET: Bad hostname ‘nsdc-server.ad.ameyerocha.ml’
Oct 16 12:57:05 server systemd: Created slice User Slice of root.
Oct 16 12:57:05 server systemd: Started Session c5 of user root.
Oct 16 12:57:08 server admin-todos: [ERROR] admin-todos: /etc/nethserver/todos.d/20ad_credentials exit code 31744
Oct 16 12:57:10 server admin-todos: [ERROR] admin-todos: /etc/nethserver/todos.d/20admin-user exit code 31744

Ive went throught the forum trying to see if anyone had had this issue. Disabled shorewall checked the samba configuration for the cached credentials, all to no success.
The only thing that works is if I restart the nsdc service. So I boot nethserver, i get the error sssd exit code 1 i restart NSDC and everything works untill next shutdown / reboot.

Can anyone here help?

Thank you

Fábio

Maybe this howto-install-nethserver-as-samba-ad-domain-controller-v can helps.

Note: For a fresh ad domain install.

I had a similar issue after a disaster recovery. My targets got messed up.

@mark_nl helped me with this:

check if machines.target is loaded at boot.
systemctl list-units --type target to list all
or
systemctl list-units --type target | grep machine to list only machines .target

to check the status of machines.target:
systemctl status machines.target

if it’s not enabled:
systemctl enable machines.target

Maybe this helps.