Closed Poll: Phone Home disabled or enabled by default?

Continuing the discussion from Phone Home Released:

Phone Home is a nice feature I think, I’d like to see all NethServer in that map :smile:
You could configure it during the configuration wizard BUT we choose to set the checkbox on “No, thanks” by default

As a result many Nethserver doesn’t currently communicate data and that’s a pity!!

What do you think? Should We change it or not? Please fill out the survey

• YES - contribute to usage statistics
  • NO - thanks
1 Like

8 votes till now, come on folks let’s vote!

12 votes, can i close the poll and nominate the winner?

Keep the poll open a little more.

Sure, till next week.

C’mon people! Express your opinion!

I think my vote didn’t got through yesterday. I think it should be enabled
by default

Same here…since the product is free of charge it is not a huge amount to pay.

It should be enabled by default and probably more data could be collected like which rpm are installed.

2 Likes

I vote NO, user have to be able to enable Phone Home at his discretion.
I know that anonymous stats cannot damage reservedness of user and can improve product puality with thousands of feddback but it is more correct to let it be the user decide.
Is in principle.

1 Like

I was spoken only of the checkbox validated by default, sorry for my imprecision. But in other Hand a lot of projects collects statistics on the use of their products…and a lot don’t ask if you are agree.

The enabled by default setting, its not the same that the right to enable
or disable it. The point is you can set it as you want, but is by default
enabled, or not.

It’s already like this, you MUST choose. My question regards default checkbox, because i’d like invite people to share something like “ehi! I’m here! I love NethServer” :wink:

Se let’s keep it disabled by default: the devoted NethServerian wants to enable it only on production instances :smile: His flag never goes down!

NethServerian sounds better than NethServerizien @davidep thank you! :smile:
@stephdl @mabeleira @alefattorini I understood what you meant but my vote still remain for checkbox default value NO.
At the moment poll is 9 YES and 5 NO so I think I will lose :wink:

NethServer fidelis

2 Likes

So, after a week I can close this poll… and announce the winner!

New default is: YES - contribute to usage statistics

@giacomo Do I have to fill out a new issue about it?

Of course! :smile:
http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/latest/development_process.html#do-i-need-to-open-a-new-issue

Issue created

New package will be soon ready to test inside mirrors: http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3152