Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 14 on NethServer 7

Thanks @Stll0 Im feeling a bit dumb right now. It seems thevsouth african cache had not pulled everything. Or maybe its just me. Im not seeing the usual, ivrs or conference rooms, im still in freepbx 12.
Regarding the error, I will send a screen shot and the full commands sent.

Ill try the scl enviroment as soon as i get back

A post was split to a new topic: Errore during Bandwidthd installation

3 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to run installation FreePBX scripts

I have had a couple of Sipgate accounts that I have been using for a couple of years and have been recently thinking about incorporating them as trunks into Asterisk, I am interested in the progress of Asterisk / FreePBX usage within NS7.

1 Like

Good to know! Please test it and let us know your feelings or issues.

1 Like

Hi brilliant people.

I am trying to install FreePBX on a fresh Nethserver 7 beta 2 server, but am getting package conflicts errors. If I skip these conflicts, Asterisk does not install at all:

—> Package libfontenc.x86_64 0:1.1.2-3.el7 will be installed
–> Processing Conflict: asterisk13-voicemail-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64 conflicts asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage
–> Processing Conflict: asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64 conflicts asterisk13-voicemail-filestorage
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: asterisk13-voicemail conflicts with asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64
Error: asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage conflicts with asterisk13-voicemail-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Any ideas?

You’re right, I can reproduce the issue. I still don’t get why it happens, but for now you can workaround the problem installing with command

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage nethserver-freepbx

instead of yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx

3 Likes

Hi Stefano. That solved the problem :smile: Thank you for your quick response… now I am off to test!

Ciao

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve finally came around to test freepbx on nethserver 7 but the installation process hangs after the “Setting permissions” part - I’ve used the commands above posted by Stefano. Freepbx seems to be partially installed - i see the modules on NS GUI - but the services are not running (they can be launch manually) and it is not possible to access the web interface of freepbx.
I’m testing it on a NS7 b2, installed from rpm on a kimi (OVH) dedicated server. For testing pruposes, almost all modules are enabled and I’ve further installed fail2ban.
Any ideas what is causing the installation to hang? I remember it took quite some time for the post-installation scripts to run but after a couple hours I rendered to the fact that it was indeed hang.

Hi @Fred,
I’m trying to figure it out right now.
workaround:
stop installation with ctrl+c and launch signal-event nethserver-freepbx-update

1 Like

Woks like a charm. Thanks!
I Look forward to give it a go and report back.

edit: @Stll0 uff, when i first logon it tells me I have 14 tampered files!!!
running fwconsole ma refreshsignatures I get the following error:
“Updating Hooks…PHP Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context in /var/www/html/freepbx/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc/auth/modules/Msad.php on line 600”
When i run fwconsole chown gives me the same error.
Any ideas?

edit 2: Whatever i do i get that error. I’ve tried uninstalling ucp, so i could reinstall userman, but the same error shows up…

1 Like

Hi guys, sorry im without internet and so limited to access. I should up and running by tuesday next weeek. I will be back then sorry.

Do you use scl for running fwconsole?

/usr/bin/scl enable rh-php56 ‘fwconsole ma refreshsignatures’

No, I don’t - but I guess I should?
I’ve messed up with the installation of Alfresco so decided to reformat the server again and start over. Will be installing freepbx shortly and report back.
Thanks for the help.

edit: So, I should use /usr/bin/scl enable rh-php56 before any fwconsole command?

Yes you should: FreePBX 14 uses PHP 5.6 but CentOS 7 has 5.4. We provide PHP 5.6 using scl https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL

Thanks, will try.

Isn’t there a way to make fwconsole automatically invoke php.5.6 every time without manually adding the prefix?

Also, is freepbx compartmentalized? i.e., is it’s resources independent from the rest of the server so it;s performance is not impacted by the other processes/services running on the server?

Thanks for your work and for making this happen, I think its a great addition to the project.

Sadly no :frowning:
But you can do this on a running shell:

source /opt/rh/rh-php56/enable
fwconsole

No it’s not. FreePBX is a simple web application, it should require resources only during PBX configuration. :slight_smile: We have many FreePBX (freepbx-2.10) installation which run on small servers without issues.

We just updated the packages, could you please try to reinstall on a fresh machine? The installation problem should be fixed :wink:

1 Like

Will try in a few minutes and report back.

Should I install with
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage nethserver-freepbx
or
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx
?

I think
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx

If it doesn’t succeed, I’d try: