Zentyal server file share file access issue

Hi Support Team,

I am facing this issue in file sharing of zentyal server 5.0 as I have configured the file sharing properly but I am getting this kind of error when I am trying to access from windows system as well as in Ubuntu 16.04. Kindly look into this error. Even the person is added to the file-sharing folder but cannot access it.

Kindly look into the matter and revert me if possible. Kindly look the given error below

Windows cannot access \192.168.0.198\IT-PC.

You do not have permission to access \192.168.0.198\IT-PC. Contact to your network administrator to request access.

Thanks and regards,

Vignesh.N.Pinnamchetty

looks like you’re asking for zentyal support in the wrong place, my friend

Hi @IT_admin,
Wlcome to the NethServer community. As @Stefano_Zamboni mentioned, this is the NethServer forums and not the Zentyal forums. But since both NethServer and Zentyal use samba packages for filesharing, we might be able to help you with your issue. We have several ex Zentyal users in our forums, that switched from Zentyal to NethServer. So maybe with a bit of help we can solve your issue anyway.

In the meantime, you could start thinking of switching to NethServer instead of Zentyal too. I came from Zentyal a few years ago and after getting used to CentOS instead of Ubuntu, I never regretted the switch.

Can you access the share with other user credentials?
Can you access the share from another pc?

Can you give us the permissions of that share on both filesystem level and on share level?

Another question: did you ask this on the Zentyal forums too? I just briefly scanned the topics there but couldn’t find a similar topic.

1 Like

Yes, I know… but Is It okay If I ask for a help?? in Nethserver Community?

I have provide access to the user but user is unable to access is particular folder

What is the output of sudo ls -l of the share you want to access?
What is the outcome of smbstatus command?
some other options are mentioned here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/102924/list-samba-shares-and-current-users