Zabbix 5.0 LTS has been released

And for No-Pros too. This is actually the even greater achievement, as it demands a lot more from the Pros.

3 Likes

Hi @mrmarkuz, I have the same problem Andy was faced with. I’m trying to find that script but have no luck. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Nevermind, I found it

#!/bin/bash
systemctl stop zabbix-server
sudo -i -u postgres pg_dump zabbix > /tmp/pre-encoding-fix-backup.sql
sudo -i -u postgres psql -c "alter database zabbix rename to zabbix_pre_encoding_fix_backup"
sudo -i -u postgres psql -c "create database zabbix with encoding 'UNICODE' template=template0"
sudo -i -u postgres PGCLIENTENCODING=SQL_ASCII psql zabbix -f /tmp/pre-encoding-fix-backup.sql
systemctl start zabbix-server

And it works perfectly! Thanks

1 Like

Does ist suffice to install from the repo for a fresh install or do I have to do these database things?

@carsten

Hi Carsten

It’s sufficient to install from repo…
The database stuff was needed due to an older / migrated system above…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

It’s ok to install from repo but to get the most recent version (testing) use these instructions.

1 Like

Greetings,

Does anyone use Telegram alerts in Zabbix?
In the previous version if I managed to configure the urgent notifications, but with this update they no longer work.
When I download the yaml template from Telegram’s Zabbix webhook and when I import it, it tells me:
Unsupported import file extension “yaml”.

I even tried to write it (I don’t think well) it gives me errors when testing:

Someone who has this working, who can provide (export) their template would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I use the builtin template of zabbix 5.0 no need to add a new one. I just followed

https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/telegram

Thank you @stephdl

I used that same guide last year and it worked for me, but today trying to make it work I forgot to export it and deleted it.

Now when I try to recreate it, I get more errors than before; I have checked and I don’t see any apparent typing errors.

Could you (at some point) export your template (1) (without your token) and provide it?

(1) From Media Type

no telegram template :-?

I deleted it from Media Types, in Templates there is none.

@MrE

Saludos Enrique!

I’ve uploaded the file “zbx_mediatypes_telegram.xml” to my nextcloud for you (In your folder…)

Exported from Zabbix 5.0.8 in XML…

My 2 cents
Andy

3 Likes

Thank you @Andy_Wismer

Just to add a note that you commented to me::

"For all of us who can’t use the latest 5.2,…
The newer Version uses yaml, which 5.0 can’t use… "

1 Like

Sorry, but if I upgrade, the upgrade procedure keeps the configuration?? I hope so.

Yes, it does keep the config.

1 Like

Looks pretty good, but the Graphs menu, has changed, You need to configure the Screens is a confortable use, but not natural for first time.

1 Like

Maybe i am wrong but…

[root@zabbix ~]# yum update
snippety snip
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package nethserver-zabbix.noarch 0:0.0.1-8.ns7 will be updated
---> Package nethserver-zabbix.noarch 0:0.0.1-9.ns7 will be an update
--> Processing Dependency: nmap for package: nethserver-zabbix-0.0.1-9.ns7.noarch
--> Processing Dependency: nethserver-zabbix-agent for package: nethserver-zabbix-0.0.1-9.ns7.noarch
--> Running transaction check
---> Package nethserver-zabbix-agent.noarch 0:0.0.1-1.ns7 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: zabbix-agent2 for package: nethserver-zabbix-agent-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch
---> Package nmap.x86_64 2:6.40-19.el7 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: nethserver-zabbix-agent-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch (mrmarkuz)
           Requires: zabbix-agent2

Why i should install zabbix-agent2 for use and/or update nethserver-zabbix?

Nethserver-zabbix-agent is intended to ease monitoring of a Nethserver.
Nethserver-zabbix requires nethserver-zabbix-agent now. This way the modules are easier to maintain.
zabbix-agent2 is a new agent providing for example a service check. It’s required but disabled by default.
See wiki entry.

2 Likes

same at me.

Please update with the needed repos enabled. With the new version the repos should be enabled by default.

yum update --enablerepo=zabbix,mrmarkuz

2 Likes