Why only IT and US locales in Webtop

In the Webtop settings I can only choose between IT und US locales. Why not all the others, especially Germany?

1 Like

Actually inside webtop there are more languages available for the users to set - but setting the default would be nice for sure.

1 Like

I think because webtop manage directly IT and US languages. Other languages are managed from transifex. But we can ask to# @lucag and @gabriele_bulfon

1 Like

@carsten NethServer is a community project. This means if we (the community) want a german translation of webtop, we have to start treanslating the strings on Transifex.
I am sure that as soon the translation is 100%, therre is an option to choose german as default too.

1 Like

@carsten

A friendly “Hello” at the beginning of a post will certainly make it easier for the many friendly people here in the forum to help you. Netiquette can be simple. “Good morning” says the farmer when he comes to the village.

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

@lucag this “problem” is on Webtop5 Cockpit interface. Is the result of /etc/e-smith/events/actions/nethserver-webtop5-locale-tz. Maybe you can explain us better :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already translated many strings for Webtop in Transifex and I am willing to translage for Nethserver also, if someone adds me to the translation team on Transifex. How can I get a translation team member for German?

1 Like

Hi @federico.ballarini,

the local default that is configured on the cockpit interface refers only to TimeZone but above all to format.time and format.date in long or short forms.
In any case, this is a default setting which each user can then customize on personal settings.

I don’t know if it is appropriate to add other defaults in the choice :wink:

German is already present among the languages that each user can select from the personal settings:
Immagine

4 Likes