Which version of RSAT to use?

NethServer Version: 7.6.1810
Module: Samba Domain

Regards,
I just recent upgrade my PC from windows 8.1 to 10, and I need the RSA tools, from: “Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10”.

And I wonder which x64 is the right to get:
I doubt that the “WS2016” is the right, but I can be wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Which version of Windows 10 are you running?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418]

Edit1: Yes @pike, is the most updated w10 version, 1903. This kind of versioning, keeps me confused.

Seems 1903.
I’d try WS_1803
My bad, wrong suggestion

2 Likes

Seeing the RSAT features, I wonder what are the ones that I need for Nethserver Active Directory, I don’t want to choke the samba domain with tools that are not right to use whit it.
I remember to use on windows 8.1:
#2 AD Domain services and LDS Tools …
#6 DNS Tools

Ok, maybe this is enough to admin the Nethserver AD:

Have a look on the Samba wiki page, any RSAT version is allowed to administer the Samba AD.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT

2 Likes

Thank you @pike and @BitStream!
Both answers are very helpful.

I just had the case on a Windows 10 1809 machine that the RSAT tools could not be installed via the GUI. On the machine the tools could only be installed via the PowersHell. Here are the necessary commands to do the installation:

Get-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.GroupPolicy.Management.Tools* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
Get-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.ActiveDirectory.DS-LDS.Tools* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
Get-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.Dns.Tools* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online
Get-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.RemoteDesktop.Services.Tools* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability -Online

This command can be used to check if the tools are installed:

Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Select-Object -Property DisplayName, State

3 Likes