What will be the impact of GDPR for our community?

I just read this article on opensource.com: How will the GDPR impact open source communities? | Opensource.com
I think we should take notice of this and see what we need to do to comply to this new EU privacy regulation.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing all of that valuable information. You might want to take a look at: http://www.iperiusbackup.net/en/gdpr-and-backup-comply-with-privacy-and-data-protection-regulations
Forget about the OS, just pay attention to the “juice”.

Not sure why you posted this Windows only solution. Maybe you meant to point to the GDPR related post, but I don’t see the relevance of backup software with how we handle user data for our community…

@dcoelho I edited your link by cutting off the refferals

IMO backup is something different than having to register for downloading a file.

Hi @robb,

From that link How will the GDPR impact open source communities? | Opensource.com :

One of the biggest changes that comes with the GDPR is an increased territorial scope. The GDPR applies to all organizations processing the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union, irrelevant to its location.

Michel-André

I do have to wonder why this nearly-four-dead thread was bumped earlier today. But I’m not too worried about the EU trying to enforce their directive against me in .us.

Territorial scope of the GDPR from a US perspective

Michel-André