As sysadmin or devel or however what tools do you use every single day? What tool do you feel essential for your work? Please let us know also WHY
Ssh of course…why? I’ve really to explain why?
second essential tool : screen …'couse you really don’t want to do something remotely without it
I find myself reaching for a single jack at least once a day, typically more though.
And putty, I use putty or terminal constantly.
ksh scripts, gnome connection manager, pandora for monitoring and stats,
nagios for monitoring.
As Support Guy
- ssh (obviusly vi + screen)
- screenshot awesome (extension for chrome)
- virtualbox (virtual machines)
- teamviewer (remort support)
- pidgin (jabber + IRC)
As Community Manager
While I’m a screen user too, I’m looking for opinions on tmux. Have you tried it?
Mock is almost always running on my machine!
Screen only if i need to update a server
Remmina for vnc
Gedit some time
Gitso when i help someone
Lots and lots of LXTerminal’s with bash then a mix of the below;
Indeed I forgot git, thank steven
but by the way, to the nethesis team, do you use some debugger ??? I simply use a nethserver to debug my code…old school
I rarely use a debugger, just in-line some temporary code or make it compile time conditional. Don’t get me wrong, I see the need and do use them from time to time.
Last ones I did use are PyDbg & Immunity.
- tt-rss : definitively to watch what happening around my globe;
- owncloud : but I try to move to others likes : pydio, syncthing ,…)
- Baikal : to replace with success webdav on owncloud
- Shaarli : store and share your bookmarks
- Dolibaar : erp
- Kanboard : todo, task, …