What is your activesync android client?

I’m testing sogo4 with activesync and I’m quite impressive, I have tested some android clients. The goal is to get email, calendars, contacts with one setting, thank to activesync…hence exit imap, caldav, carddav

for now

boxer (some bugs, do not know if related to my phone)
nine (free test period)
outlook for android (odd but contact and calendar are not shared with android, only in outlook)
default email app (no more of 500 contacts, whereas I got more than 1500)

for now the winner is nine even if I should pay in two weeks

2 Likes

Did you also have a look at energy consumption differences when activesync is on and off? I understood that activesync is quite heavy on your battery.

a bit soon to say it

I have Bluemail on my tablet and work telephone. Quite a clean interface. And it does support exchange GAL.
For the rest I was quite unhappily surprised about the limited amount of opensource email/contacts/calendar clients.

yep tested also, but the contact sync worked bad

After a lot of test I installed on my smartphone the free version of Business Calendar.
I’m use it from two years (at the begin with Zentyal and now with Nethserver) and, for my opinion, is very flexible.

Been using Business Calendar and True Phone Dialer & Contacts for a while on various Android based devices. Also, I have been synchronising these applications with Nextcloud using the DAVdriod framework.

Reference:

Also, use K9 as my IMAP based Android e-mail client.

Reference:

I use davdroid for contacts/caldav stuff, bluemail for mail. Can’t recommend davdroid enough it’s pretty cool.

davdroid installed with f-droid - great!!

And opentask(f-droid) to delegate which child has to take the dog out :smiley:

Buisness Calender doesn’t connect for tasks with davdroid…so use opentask!

2 Likes

All good apps! I believe opentasks is required for davdroid anyways :slight_smile:

they are good - but opentasks is just needed if you like to sync tasks- as far as I know.

With davdroid iI had a lot of problems with DAVMail (http://davmail.sourceforge.net/) (Basically: doesn’t work :slight_smile: )

I resolved (and I recommend) CalDAV-sync and CardDAV-sync (http://dmfs.org/). They work good with DAVMail.

I will try it with new DAV server features of Webtop wen they will be released.