What Browser are you guys using?

Not much need for a package, it runs in a Docker container. See:
https://bitwarden.com/help/article/install-on-premise/

2 Likes

Docker is a downside to me…

1 Like

me too. And as read a lot of other disadvantages.

The Bitwarden server is based on Microsoft technology. The software is developed in C# and is based on .NET and ASP.NET as well as Microsoft’s SQL database.

The most interesting features only paid ones.

I have switched to chrome, not really proud of that, I keep Firefox for development tests.

I do kill as possible I can all Advertisements, ublock origin, pihole on my local network. On my android mobile I still use Firefox with ublock origin, I try to never use an application, they are done to watch you and feed you with ads.

Youtube on Android is simply not possible, use it with Firefox and ublock origin, it starts to be a good friend. Another example, I pay for an annual subscription to lemonde.fr, even with it I have to support ads of the application, use ublock origin and FF, your mind can rest.

So if you want Internet, kill the ads

Currently on Android Firefox and Vivaldi sometime
At pc Firefox and rarely Edge chromium. I used Vivaldi, but I didnt used it too often, so for 3% Edge.

I I was looking forward to Edge, but MS do not respect privacy as I was reading somewhere.

Opera user here!

There is much to like about it including such features as their own built in “VPN” (proxy).

I particularly like their mobile version for phones and tablets: Opera Touch.

Well worth checking out.

Klaus

1 Like

Firefox since version 1.4

I am using FF with several addons to make the browser more privacy sane. I am not against ads, but I am fermly against profiling.
Addons I use:

• ABP
  • uBlock Origin
  • Privacy Badger
  • Disconnect
  • Cookie auto delete

And of course I don’t accept 3rd party cookies and have them deleted when the tab is closed.

my preferred Browser ist Safari in combination with al little bit of Voodoo

• pihole
  • Cookie, that manages my cookies and delete unwanted ones after browser restart

For compatibility problems like with Nethserver I use Firefox without Voodoo.

1 Like

Using that before it was called Firefox… :wink:

Since FF came from the former Netscape browser/suite, I can say I use it since 1996. Probably version 3 of Netscape Navigator. Back then I already didn’t like IE and set NN as default.

me too.
Unfortunately, today it is only the lesser of the evils.
Because the fact is: In recent versions, Mozilla has increasingly integrated features into Firefox that can have a negative impact on privacy (and, strictly speaking, security). Enclosed are a few fast remembered examples that log Mozilla’s “missteps”:

• Tracking: Tracking via Google Analytics on the about:add-on page.
    • Integration of Cliqz to collect browsing activity.
    • Firefox: addition to Cliqz integration
  • Security / Insecurity: Remote installation of add-ons
  • Mozilla: Perform SHIELD Studies Opt-Out
  • Privacy: Firefox update changes search engine to Google

These are just a few recent examples of Mozilla’s penchant for adding “unnecessary” features to its browser that have severely tarnished the image of the once privacy-friendly browser.

…and he is as agile like a supertanker.

Chrome (main) and Firefox

Market shares of browsers:

More than 70% Chrome means every web developer has to be compatible to it and so it is.
So I use Chrome most because of compatibility reason, although I’d like to use Opera.
My 2nd choice is FF.

1 Like

Was NOT the case before 2012… IE also had >70%, but web pages had a lot of issues with IE, even those “designed for IE”, like Microsoft.com
From a IE on a Windows Server (eg Terminal Server with Desktops) it was not practically possible to eg. download the matching Exchange Server Installer to install on the Server… It downloaded the file, and then erased the “unsecure” file, as MS forgot to whitelist their own pages, including server downloads!

I always thought Chrome just as a datagrabber for Google… And they don’t pay me enough…

So FF - and maybe a little Safari as an exception…

My 2 cents
Andy

4 Likes

Some M$ sites still love I.E. like Action Pack for ex. :laughing: