Webtop5, Tasks, Notes, OpenTasks, Nextcloud synchronization

Notes and Tasks are an important thing many people use. Also for Webtop5 to be a alternative to Exchange the synchronization of Tasks and Notes is missing.

I) Tasks, possible solutions

a) With Opentasks and davx5, there is a solution to have tasks synchronized between OpenTasks and a CalDav-Provider: https://www.davx5.com/manual/introduction.html . Webtop5 should support his (maybe it already does already but the documentation is missing how to set it up. @lucag ?).

b) NextCloud Tasks
NextCloud offers a plugin for tasks and synchrozation with android. Then there should be a means of Webtop5 to synchronize its tasks with NextCloud. Also it would be nice to see the tasks not only in Webtop5 but also in NextCloud if you use both of them.

I) Notes, possible solutions

Currently not available in Webtop5. An easy solution would be to have a NextCloud integration to NextCloud Notes, which should quite easy, as Webtop5 already has a NextCloud integration.

2 Likes

@webtop_team
What do you think?

AFAIK No

The problem is that there is no “official” task management app in Android.
It was discussed elsewhere to use just Opentasks as a reference app (since it’s supported by both davx5 and dmfs) but nothing was done about it.

1 Like

This is no problem as OpenTasks fits. It is even mentioned in the davx5 picture above. Does Webtop support tasks via davx5 or could this be implemented?

Currently on webtop there is NO support for the synchronization of Tasks on Android via CalDAV (it is possible only with EAS and Apple devices).
The request is already present in the list of those to be evaluated for a possible implementation as soon as possible.

BR

3 Likes

As tasks are needed, my current solution is to not use the Webtop tasks but OpenTasks with NextCloud tasks (which uses davx5 too). Unfortunately the tasks are not in Webtop any more, but at some time, when Webtop supports davx5 for tasks also it should be not to difficult to migrate.

For Notes I now use NextCloud notes. What about integration with Webtop?