this is not a real feature request, however this is just an off-topic question if you by change know a server based solution. Maybe it can be solved using my Nethserver installation environment.
I am looking for a tool to monitor a website for changes. There are quite a lot of tools available, however most of them require a registration / freemium software. I do not really like that - As I do have a 24/7 server with free capacity, I just want to run it on my own (server based). Examples of such software are:
- Destill Web Monitor (Firefox Add-on, but offline)
- Wachete (Freemium)
- Visual Ping (Freemium)
- Update Scanner (Add-on, offline)
What should the tool do: It should look at dedicated web sites and compare it to a stored version. On changes, I would like to recieve some kind of notification.
What is that for? e.g.
- an online shop specialized on used business notebooks for resale - I do not want to be on their newsletter list, but I want to get informed on new offers
- the ftp site containing updates for my network hardware (Draytek) does not offer any other type of notification at all.
- At best, I would like to provide this as a service to my users …
Thanks for your help and ideas in advance