Web filter whitelist and antivirus

Adding a entry in the web filter global whitelist doesn’t bypass the antivirus scan, i.e. if I permit access to microsoft.com without filter, it is still checked for viruses.
I know someone expected the opposite behaviour, i.e. if a site is whitelist it shouldn’t be checked for viruses.

Another option could be adding another whitelist to the antivirus tab.
Having a site listed in an hypothetical antivirus whitelist and not in the general whitelist has no sense, but permitting access to a site and still checking for viruses could be an option. The question is: how often?
Adding another whitelist could be confusing. May we simply add global whitelisted sites to the antivurs whitelist automatically?

I presume these guys would be interested in having their say @AZChas @bsprakash @Tohid_Tamboli @jott_emm @jim @hgeorge123 @sitz @cyberfrk @macwunder @jgjimenezs

1 Like

I think they should do antivirus check this in white or black list.

It may happen that a domain is transmitted allowed some virus or trojan, it would be safe to scan for both lists.

1 Like

If I may.
I agree with you for Whitelist but I think is not necessary for Blacklist. The domains that are in Blacklist are already blocked and the AV will not have to work for nothing.

1 Like

True, I had my mind elsewhere. Thank you for telling us about.

1 Like