Web Content Filter - Default Override

webfilter
v7

(Vlad) #1

NethServer Version: 7.5
Module: webfilter

I wish to block all access except for selected windows directory groups. I created 3 profiles and 3 filters for 3 ad groups however what I select on the default filter overrides everything I do on the other filters.
If I block everything on the default filter and allow all on a filter ‘internet-f’, members of a group assigned to that filter are still completely blocked.

I check the user list /usr/libexec/nethserver/ufdbguard-list-group-members internet-f and the user is displayed in that group. and the squid log, says the user is authenticated.

What can I do?

(Rob Bosch) #2

Change the order of your filters. AFAIK filtering is first comes, first takes. So if you first block everything, that block will be active.

(Vlad) #4

Yes, I had to the change the ‘default’ name since the order is alphabetical, but that was it. Thank you.

On another note, since it’s related to the content filter, on this new server that I installed with version 7.5, I am getting the message:
neth-srv ufdb: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/libexec/nethserver/ufdbguard-list-group-members line 31.

Maybe it’s related to the group members, but it’s funny that on another nethserver that was updated to 7.5 joined to the same ad, this error is not showing.

After further testing, Changing the first letter of the profile in order to lower its priority only works until server/service is restarted. after that the Default profile is brought back. any other ideas?