I’m taking my first steps with this awesome project and I could use some advise.
I’m trying to link to remote locations with OpenVPN, so far I managed to have NethServer at the “branch office” connected to a NethServer at the “Central office”, and also a Terminal at the Branch office accessing the Central NethServer.
What I couldn’t get foing is accessing addicionar resourses at the Central Office.
I have read several NethServer and OpenVPN docs but had no luck so far…
These are the details:
- Central Office
- NethS 6.6 running on a VM
- UDP 1194 and GRE forwarded to the VM (successfully as I can connect to it from Branch)
- Two additional Windows servers that I need to access, one for folder the other for MSSQL
- IP address 192.168.0.3 mask 255.255.255.0
- LAN’s gateway is 192.168.0.1
- Mode: Router / VPN Network 10.0.0.0 / VPN user declared as “vpnlink, 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0”
- Branch Office
- NethS 6.6 running on metal
- IP is 192.168.1.3 mask 255.255.255.0
- LAN’s gateway is 192.168.1.1
- Only “OpenVPN Client” activated, using certificate (successfully configured as it automatically connects to Central Office)
At both ends I have created Static Routes as I understood from my readings, but I have a hunch that here is where I am making some mistake…
Network 192.168.1.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / router 192.168.0.3
Network 10.0.0.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / router 192.168.0.3
Network 192.168.0.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / router 192.168.1.3
Network 10.0.0.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / router 192.168.1.3
I can ping from Branch NethServer to the Central one, and adding a rule I can also ping from a Branch terminal to the Central NethServer.
but I can not ping or browser additional servers at the Central Office from either device on Branch office.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!