VLAN and Guests Network

@ssabbath

Hi

Where did you see that 192.168.x.x subnet? In Nethserver, the Switch or the AP?

1 Like

NethServer, under the vlan8 i created, i noticed as i create vlans he keeps creating routes

and as i delete them, they wont go away…

br0.8 lots of them

i guess i can delete them manually later

tried manually add IP and no good too :frowning:

lol much better now

@Andy_Wismer

Here, i saw the CIDR 192.168.8.254 in the one i created early… now its okey i think

The WLan-AP you can access now?

1 Like

Yes, without the Switch configurations i can access him!

Do i need to create a CIDR?

No, you don’t NEED a CIDR network…

1 Like

Still no good, tried something on my Wlan-AP with some “managed vlan” and it just stopped working haha :slight_smile:

Ganna reset it and start over. The endless fight, i will do some readings before i try again! :stuck_out_tongue:

Treat yourself to a dedicated OPNsense / PCengines… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, wont giveup that easy, i would hate to miss one more weekend here just becouse i need one more cable!

Its a very old building, is a pain to get cables around ahahha

Oh, did read this…

Should i configure my Vlan as RED?

1 Like

RED is for Internet, unless you create some rules, anythingfrom there can’t enter your network…

I called my access point support, and yes, on their side is all okey! I guess is something with my Switch, maybe he blocks something…

Well, i changed the Switch to a new one, this one is pretty old, and got that working… :slight_smile: All i have done in the past was pretty much right… lol, this switch was the “problem”

@ssabbath

This January, we migrated a doctors practice to a new HP Proliant Proxmox Server, also new Workstations with Win10, before that they were using Win7.
We got 5 identical brand new Intel Nucs. My partner set those up, a master, then 4 clones. all 5 working in the AD of Nethserver.

One of the NUCs kept losing the AD, after reboot it acted like a new Win10, freshly setup.
We had to exchange 3 times (warrenty), before it was working.

That specific box, and it’s replacements were probably a “Monday batch”… Half buggy or whatever.
This is something you can’t really bill the client… Ah well, win a few, lose a few - that’s life!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Haha, in portuguese we say its “micrisse”, some kind of stubborn equipment… :confused:

Anyway, the switch is dated, a good one, but was acting wierd. I feel a dummy switch would handle that with no problem? Am i right about this? Or it needs to be a smart switch?

No, if you’re just passing a vLAN, any switch will do.
I’m also using a nonmansged switch at home for my LAB segment, it just passes vLan99…
That works.
It’s a cheap Netgear 8 Port…

1 Like