Using Nethserver's LDAP to authenticate users in Guacamole

NethServer Version: 7.4.1708 (Final)
Module: Domain accounts

I am testing Nethserver with Guacamole 0.9.9 on Debian 9 (installed following this guide) and I’d like to authenticate Guacamole’s users against Nethserver LDAP directory.

Here is the relevant portion of /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties:

#LDAP properties

ldap-hostname: 192.168.X.X
ldap-user-base-dn: ou=People,dc=directory,dc=nh

I’ve confirmed the Nethserver LDAP service is available from elsewhere in my network with Apache Directory Studio, but I always get an “Invalid Login” error from the Guacamole web UI. I can’t seem to find any useful information or relevant errors in any Nethserver logs.

How can I enable more detailed debug logging in Nethserver? Where should I look for LDAP authentication attempts/error details?

If anyone is using this (or similar) setup or authenticating from other application I’d appreciate any help.

Is your LDAP dn structure like you are trying to connect? IE: is the users dn called: People.directory.nh? What info do you see in NethServer webadmin page under Status/domain accounts?

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier. For now we’re using MariaDB on the same server to authenticate users. We’re rebuilding our Nethserver test environment and I won’t be able to test this again before some time.

You can always dryrun in something like virtualbox…