Undelivered Address Not Found issue with Mail server

NethServer Version: 7.9
Module: Mail Server

Hi,

i have installed Mailserver packages and configured. i tried to send email on internal user’s mail id, they are working perfectly. But when i changed my mx record and then i tried to send email from gmail to our mail server user’s mail address then its showing “undelivered Address not found”.
Is there IMAP issue or any other issue please let me know, if any other setting required let me know.

Thanks

I bet you set the wrong DNS, you are probably sending the email to another server or your firewall is forwarding the tcp port to a wrong server

Firewall and DNS MX record set perfectly. Crosschecked multiple times. But Same issue.
Is there any other setting on server or its bug of dovecot in NS7 ?
SMTP is working fine. But not receiving emails, imap issue.

In maillog

[root@pdc log]# tail maillog
Jan 2 15:47:33 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:440: finished expiry step 1: 0 items checked, 0 significant (0 made persistent), 0 insignificant (0 ttls set), 0 common (0 discriminated), 0 infrequent (0 ttls set), 0 mean, 0 std
Jan 2 15:47:33 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:440: finished expiry cycle in 1 steps: 0 items checked, 0 significant (0 made persistent), 0 insignificant (0 ttls set), 0 common (0 discriminated), 0 infrequent (0 ttls set), 0 mean, 0 std
Jan 2 15:47:33 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, in ham: {nil}
Jan 2 15:47:33 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, in spam: {nil}
Jan 2 15:47:33 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, total: {nil}
Jan 2 15:49:22 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:440: finished expiry step 1: 0 items checked, 0 significant (0 made persistent), 0 insignificant (0 ttls set), 0 common (0 discriminated), 0 infrequent (0 ttls set), 0 mean, 0 std
Jan 2 15:49:22 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:440: finished expiry cycle in 1 steps: 0 items checked, 0 significant (0 made persistent), 0 insignificant (0 ttls set), 0 common (0 discriminated), 0 infrequent (0 ttls set), 0 mean, 0 std
Jan 2 15:49:22 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, in ham: {nil}
Jan 2 15:49:22 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, in spam: {nil}
Jan 2 15:49:22 pdc rspamd[12401]: ; lua; bayes_expiry.lua:447: tokens occurrences, total: {nil}

Isn’t this just something of replication? MX record not yet known by google smtp…
If you resolve the MX record does it point to the external IP address of your server/LAN?

Can you test this on sites like mxtoolbox.com?

Hi MX is set.

pls refer

I saw no evidences in the maillog you wrote, for me you have not received the email.

If i am sending email from GMAIL or LIVE.COM etc. I am unable to receive from outside.
If i am sending email from locally then its working. Internal users can send and receiving emails in their INBOX.
This is very strange issue. Please help.

Internal mail does not leave the server. Can you try to send from another mailprovider?

And the necessary port in your firewall is open?

Regards…

Uwe

Where is the mx record?
only see an “a” record

https://support.aruba.it/kb/a2806/management-of-a-mx-record.aspx

1 Like

To be clear: you need both: an A record and an MX record.
If you want to use something like mail.domain.tld you need to set an A record to the IP address (or CNAME to an A record) for mail.domain.tld and an MX record to mail.domain.tld

1 Like

Ports are open 143 and 993, 587 …
A record is set
Mx record is set
CNAME not set. If require pls let me know.

Open port 25 and test it, please.

If you have an A record for the (sub)domain you want to use as mailserver, then a CNAME is not necessary.

ok
Also getting some failed logs in /var/log/messages

Jan 2 16:28:24 pdc sssd[ldap_child[9134]]: Failed to initialize credentials using keytab [MEMORY:/etc/krb5.keytab]: Cannot contact any KDC for realm ‘AD.xyz.COM’. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
Jan 2 16:29:43 pdc sssd[ldap_child[9297]]: Failed to initialize credentials using keytab [MEMORY:/etc/krb5.keytab]: Cannot contact any KDC for realm ‘AD.xyz.COM’. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.

Changed - real name to AD.xyz.COM

A mailserver does not need a Samba4 or LDAP domain to function. However, this can be a problem for NethServer to work properly with different users.
Do I understand correctly you use an Aruba VPS? How did you configure the bridge for the Samba4 container? This is a different problem than your mail issue. It probably should get a different topic. I can split this off and create a new topic for this if you want.

No, we ll be on mail server issue.

see Firewall log

Jan 2 15:52:11 pdc kernel: Shorewall:loc2fw:REJECT:IN=br0 OUT= MAC=2c:fd:a1:bf:1f:5a:22:4f:04:65:07:7b:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.124 DST=192.168.1.123 LEN=141 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=48513 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=53 DPT=29523 LEN=121

Hi Hitesh,

What is the FQDN registered at aruba.it: ad.xyz.com or xyz.com ?

Are you using capital letters in the FQDN ?

In Cockpit → Applications → Email → Settings → Domains:
What is the domain name you are using ?

Edit the domain name:
Destination is set to: Deliver locally or Relay to another server ?

What are your 2 nameservers (NS record): arudnsX.aruba.it ? (X can be 1, 2, 3, 4)

Are you using mail.FQDN for your MX record ?

What is the priority in your MX record ?

Are there MX records other than yours ?

Do you have CNAME records for smtp, imap, and pop ?

Michel-André

Yes All set…

But If am sending any email from thunderbird or mail client then its showing following error.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 11.18.16 PM