Unable to restore apps on NS8

Trying to restore the apps on a newly built NS8 system from a backup is failing with the following:

restic --option=rclone.program=/usr/local/bin/rclone-wrapper dump latest state/environment
Fatal: wrong password or no key found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/nethserver/cluster/actions/restore-module/50restore_module", line 46, in <module>
    agent.run_restic(rdb, repository, path, ["--workdir=/srv"], ["dump", snapshot, "state/environment"], text=True, encoding='utf-8', stdout=fenv, check=True)
  File "/usr/local/agent/pypkg/agent/__init__.py", line 255, in run_restic
    return subprocess.run(podman_cmd, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 571, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['podman', 'run', '-i', '--rm', '--name=restic-cluster-13711', '--privileged', '--network=host', '--volume=restic-cache:/var/cache/restic', '--log-driver=none', '-e', 'RESTIC_PASSWORD', '-e', 'RESTIC_CACHE_DIR', '-e', 'RESTIC_REPOSITORY', '-e', 'RCLONE_SMB_HOST', '-e', 'RCLONE_SMB_USER', '-e', 'RCLONE_SMB_PASS', '-e', 'RCLONE_SMB_DOMAIN', '--workdir=/srv', 'ghcr.io/nethserver/restic:2.7.0', '--option=rclone.program=/usr/local/bin/rclone-wrapper', 'dump', 'latest', 'state/environment']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I’ve tried both the passwords I would normally use for this and am confident one of them is the correct one.

Is there an offline way to verify this similar to the way the manual shows for the cluster backup:

echo <pass> | gpg --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --decrypt backup.json.gz.gpg | gunzip | jq

So I really can verify the password.

Cheers.

Not sure if that is important, but your post does not tell which repository/provider you are using.

However if you have access to the files you check with the following commands.
It will prompt you for the password.

restic -r <path>/<id> check
restic -r <path>/<id> snapshots
2 Likes