Unable to access web admin ports

NethServer Version: 7.7.1908 community version
Module: http-admin / letsencrypt
Hello, I’m facing a strange problem, when I connect to web admin interface on port 9090 or 980 I get a SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG. Site connection on port 443 it’s working correctly as every other service like nextcloud or email services on secured ports.
I can only connect on SSH now, anyone can help?
BR
Stefano

Which browser and AV are you using?
Are you also using Let’sEncrypt certificates?

Hello pike
browser edge ( last version) or firefox 83.0 ( 64 bit )
GDATA Total protection as security suite with web protection module disabled
valid Let’sEncrypt certificate
NS server has a single NIC configured as green
I can access some other server on port 9090 or 980, it’s not a browser or AV issue, it’s related to that server. Last operations I did on that server was a complete restore from duplicity backup and then I requested a new certificate.

@support_team
Any ideas here?

try to update to 7.8 and then to 7.9 first. Currently you are running an outdated version,

thanks Robb,
I can’t stop the server now, I will try to upgrade it in christmas holidays and let you know the result.
I’m a bit afraid about upgrades, It’s a community edition so the sources are not locked on enterprise repo…

1 Like

I would recommend to do a backup before. If your server is virtualized, what I would recommend too, you can do a snapshot and go back very easy, if something doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Did you tried to access with an old client? Windows Vista, Windows XP… Old browsers. Maybe you only need to enable older SSL protocols…
In any case… Backup and upgrade is a wise choice.

solved,
I want to say sorry to anyone tried to help me, and also I’m giving me all kind of names, because I didn’t realize that in the external firewall I had two identical NAT rules to pass ports 80,443,993,25,587 to Nethserver but missing the one with ports 980,9090.
Anyway,
thank you all and have a merry Christmas

1 Like

To you Too :christmas_tree:

(Very decent form you to report back on this issue : kudos )

1 Like