NethServer Version: 7.7
Module: web server
Here are my data starting from “outside”:
- In external DNS (my host provider) I have defined mymail.mydomain.org to point (CNAME) to my dyndns IP. (this part works)
- In my router I port forward HTTP and HTTPS (and some other) traffic to my NethServer.
- In my NS (NethServer), in Virtual Hosts I have defined mymail.mydomain.org as one.
- In my NS DNS settings (which is the primary DNS of my internal clients), I have defined quasar.mydomain.gr and quasar.local.mydomain.gr to point to my NS own IP.
- My NS internal domain is local.mydomain.org (AD).
- My NS domain is mydomain.org, so the FQDN of NS is quasar.mydomain.org.
- From a client PC, from command all the below FQDN ping properly and return the IP of my NS:
- From a client PC, from a web browser all the above FQDN send me to NS home page (the one that says “Congratulations, your NethServer installation is up and running!”).
- Any of the above with /webtop in the end, takes me to webtop.
Now… I want to do this:
Use NS own Reverse Proxy and define mymail.mydomain.org to point to https://quasar.local.mydomain.org/webtop.
Unfortunately no combination I tried works. Using the IP as destination (plus the path), using internal or external domain, forcing or not forcing HTTPS (and ignoring certificate as it is the self signed).
When I try to use https://mymail.mydomain.org (from external network - i.e. my smartphone with closed WiFi and using 4G) it gets ignored and still takes me to NS home page and not to webtop.
What am I doing wrong?