Trying to map network drives to groups during login

Hello

I’m using NethServer as AD, and would like to map network drives to groups during login.

So far, I could only do it by changing the “logonscript = %G.bat” in /etc/smb.conf.

Another thing that bothering me, is that the system insists map the z: drive as home users.

why the changes to /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/samba/smb.conf/10global are not working.

Thanks for all

please tell us how you edit the configuration and exactly what you did, thank you

“it doesn’t work” doesn’t help us to help you

Right.

in /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/samba/smb.conf/10global, I changed the “logon script = netlogon.bat” to “logon script =%G.bat”

in /var/lib/nethserver/netlogon, created the test.bat file with the following lines

net use h: / home

net use g: \ad-linux\common_test

in shared folders (Web UI), created the “common_test” folder with permission for the test group.

Thaks for all

NEVER edit the original fragments, N E V E R (is it clear enough? :slight_smile: )

create /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/samba/smb.conf/ dir, copy 10global into it and edit accordingly your needs…

that said, did you expand the template and restarted the services?

1 Like

my 2c: create a common netlogon file and code it accordingly, i.e. using common windows’ batch file syntax to things on user/group basis

1 Like