Trying to install Piwingo on NethServer

I can’t have a go tonight but i wonder if we are not facing a bug here since all folders and mainly subfolders needs to be listed if you want to grant permissions.

A quick test to see if the problem comes from a lack of permissions could be to grant all the ownership to apache on the ibay and test again

chown apache:apache -R /var/lib/nethserver/ibay/IBAYNAME

I tested already chaging the ownser of the folder piwigo in ibay to apache and works in that way.
From the security point of view will not be a problem?

Well i would review here of other @davidep @filippo_carletti about security but it is not a good idea to allow the whole ibay. However even if the idea to chose which folders are writable is good, it can be complicated to set all folders needed…maybe to set only the root folder is enought and thus automatically all subfolders.

When i do a rpm I only allow certain folders with writable permissions…not all

Here the problem for you is to understand which folders and subfolders need to be allowed, because the next time you will reset permissions with the sharedfolder panel then you will have issues.

Maybe the .htwritable could be enhanced @davidep

@stephdl is right: actually the Reset permissions action has some limitations, because it takes care only of directories listed in .htwritable.

Do we need a “recursive” behaviour on items in .htwritable?

Yes i would imagine something like that with a textarea to write which folders need read and write permissions.

When we do a rpm generally recursively all folders and files herit the same ownership