Tool tips not visible

NethServer Version: 7.9

I suppose tooltips should provide additional information…

Not a single tooltip is visible in my GUI.

Bug or feature?

Sorry, I don’t get it, there’s a visible tooltip in your screenshot.

Did you try another browser? Is there an error in the browser console?

Hi Markus, The screenshot above is from another thread here on the forum.

That shows me, tool tips should work.

I do not have any tooltip on any of my installations.

OMG: Traditionally I use Safari on my Macs, I don’t like other browser…
Now I tried firefox - the tool-Tips are presented.

Is it possible to support Safari? It’s not an exotic browser with a fancy user base.

1 Like

Can I disagree on it? :smiley:
Safari is a closed source browser available only for MAC OS: this is very exotic!

We currently test the UI on Firefox and Chromium (also on the downstream Google Chrome).
I know that a couple of developers has a personal Apple machine at home, but it’s not used for active development.

Still, if you want to try a fix and propose a PR, we are more than happy to also test it on Firefox and Chromium!

1 Like

I can try a fix. What a “PR” is supposed to be - I don’t know.

Best regards, Marko

PR stands for Pull Request, more info here: GitHub flow - GitHub Docs

But you can also post a patch here and we will integrate it :wink:

Since you must realize that I’m not a developer, I can’t avoid but take this as a failed joke, to say the least. How about facing the task of supporting popular browsers like any web developer and not judging who has what preferences and why? I know people who are forced to use Internet Explorer and Edge without any alternative.

And not every smiley gives the feeling of being laughed at friendly, sometimes in context rather laughed down.

1 Like

Let’s drop safari, use a real browser, I think that even cockpit does not support safari.

Humor is often difficult to write, even more when it is not our mother tongue. I recall someone who badly understand what I wrote one day :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t want to be rude nor sarcastic. Honestly I do not know about your skill, and I just misunderstood what you wrote. I though you were going to trying creating a fix. This is why I proposed you to post it here instead of studying the Github work flow: I just wanted to ease your job, not making it harder!

We are doing out best, but we do not have access to Apple computers for development nor this is a priority.
But as always we are more than happy to accept any bugfix for Safari or any other browser.

1 Like

Hi Giacomo, yesterday was not my best day, may be a bit thin-skinned. I am actually grateful for every hint and appreciate your commitment.

Sincerely, MArko

3 Likes

Give me some days, let’s see if @edoardo_spadoni can give it a try on his personal Mac :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

safari -> webkit <-epiphany.
Tooltip problem might be related to :before :after css support.

1 Like

I confirm the bug on Safari. No popover is seen, in any view. The library that allows us to view the popover is Patternfly and we include it through Cockpit. We have no power over that. So unfortunately at the moment, as long as the bug is not fixed upstream it cannot be fixed for us in NethServer.

@capote

5 Likes

Thank you for your investigation!

2 Likes