Timezones Conflict

I have just experienced a new problem, at the bottom of the NS dashboard (and the messages log) I have just received an error stating:

“It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘Europe/London’ for ‘BST/1.0/DST’ instead See the system log for details”.

I am using NS as a NTP server and can see that this could cause other problems (with Samba and other services)

is it a plain new install or an upgrade from 6.5?

I have installed NS on top of Centos 6.6, I have a copy of Webmin on this server (and suspect that the issue is related to the Webmin Timezone settings – The original timezone according to Webmin was Europe/Guernsey - changed to London – would like to know / am experimenting with how Webmin conflicts / works with NS!)

my 2€c: remove webmin, don’t use it, you don’t need it, trust me :wink:

I know I don’t need webmin, but it does come with some useful elements (such as being able to monitor hdd Smart records. edit LVM and a good MySQL tool)

I am trying to workout what Webmin modules work well with NS and which ones don’t!

that’s a bug

I have reinstalled several NS modules and the problem disappeared (not sure why! but problem solved!)

1 Like