Thousands Nethserver instances in the world!

This page counts unique installation for any IP.
This means that if you reinstall the machine 3 times from the same public IP, this installation is counted only once.

But the map also contains machines which are not running anymore.

And three WMs behind a NAT? How it’s incremented ?

Just one.

So we can use this script without hesitation for the main site. :joy_cat:

Hi guys I add my 2 cents on this :smile:

This page counts unique installation for any IP.

I think that it will be better to count the number of hashes even from the same IP.

This means that if you reinstall the machine 3 times from the same public IP, this installation is counted only once.

And after a time of inactivity the entity (NS install) should become another color (light grey) if it is not active for 30 days for example.

BR
Bogdan

We use a free API version of Google Maps Layers (the tool used to conquer the countries) and there is a limit. The limit is 100 rows. This rows are taken from a table with all coordinates and geometry data. So we have to limit the colored countries to the first 100 entries. :sob:

Anyway the map is amazing: http://www.nethserver.org/phone-home/installation_map.html :sunglasses:

2 Likes

2101 :grin:
7.21 installations per day since the 2000th…

If we earn 2500 installation for Christmas, I will offer one “caipirinha” for everybody :grinning:

4 Likes

:tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink: :tropical_drink:
yeah! I love caipirinha!

Ehi, you know I can fake the numbers, right!? :smiling_imp:
I’m willing to do it for free alcohol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Without alcohol… It will be a “Limonade”.

Don’t fake the numbers… Or I will fake the Caipirinha :laughing:

3 Likes

The 2500 isn’t here, but we are in hollidays and between Chrismas and the new year, a little drink between friends is a good moment
And who know is this traditional brazilian drink will not bring more users :grin:

So this is my new HOW TO :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Version and revision: V1.0 / R0.

Skill: General audience. Adult ( depend on each local law)

Published: 2015-12-26
Review: 2015-12-26

Traditional Caipirinha
Ingredients:

2-4 lime wedges (to taste)
1-2 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
1 cup of crushed or cubed ice
1.5-2.5 oz. of cachaça (to taste)

Making a Traditional Caipirinha

• Slice your lime. Cut it in half, then into quarters. Use the slices from approximately one quarter of the lime in the drink – 3 to 4 slices. Brazilian recipes typically call for more lime: ½ to even a whole small lime.[5] Adjust the amount to your taste.

• Put the limes and sugar in a glass. It is preferable
    to use a rocks glass (aka a lowball glass). Use 2 teaspoons of sugar for
    a sweeter drink, one for a drink with more of the cachaça flavor.

• Muddle the sugar and lime. Muddle them by pressing down and twisting repeatedly with a muddler – a long pestle shaped like a miniature baseball bat. Crush the limes just enough to release their juice. If you mash them too much, your drink will be bitter.
    If you don’t have a muddler, just use the back of a spoon.

• Add the ice. Crushed ice is best, though cubed will work fine.

• Add the cachaça and stir. Recommendations from American bartenders range from 2 oz. (a little over a shot) for a sweeter, tarter drink, to 2.5 oz. (about two shots) for a stronger drink. Brazilian recipes, which are typically heavier on lime and lower on alcohol, usually call for 1.7oz (50ml).

• Serve with the lime wedges in the drink. Enjoy!

6 Likes

I love such howtos! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Great How-to! I’ll try to follow it and see if i get the same result :smile:
Thanx for sharing @Jim !

1 Like

I think Amaricans and Canadians like the caipirinha… Since the last time I looked the map:

USA 47 ( from 37 )
Canada 7 ( from 3 )
:smiley:

And happy new year

3 Likes

2400…

3 Likes

We’re growing up :smile:

1 Like

So? 100 installations every two weeks, not bad! :grinning:

I will go to Salvador today to the last installation Nethserver (Proxy).

Total servers installed in the company.
2 Sao Paulo
1 Rio de Janeiro
1 Recife

5 Likes

Super cool @alexcsilva!
Are those installs all connected using the same domain? Can you tell us a bit about your setup? We love to hear some usecases!