This kind of things make professional users think that this is a place for children

never thought so… I’m referring to the (too) high noise/signal ratio, that’s all

This discussion is beginning to be like the ones you say , time consuming and distracting…

To make my point (I highlight that it is my point).

• Nobody is forced here.
  • keep a clean discussion
  • stop with the negative attitude.
  • You say that users should involve more and not beg or nagg. Well you do this nagging in the most posts.
  • The fact that this is a community means that there is no need to shift our goals towards a single users needs
  • I do not care if you did or not buy the professional support/licence for your software. But then do not brag about the business that you do… sound like leeching and it’s not quite fair.
  • Make positive assertions and suggestions. Negative ones will only close the subject.
  • Always think that your point of view is probably different than the others and try to find common ground without affecting others!
  • Stop patronising others
  • There are no “Hard rules” because of the need to let users feel comfortable.
  • The warm attitude on the forums/discourse can be pleasant and inspiring than the hard rigid “bot like” replies.
  • NS Community is build on friendship and kindness. Not on money and greed. If you need that look/feel, by all means you can find other communities that suit your demands.
  • The jerk-knee attitude will not be productive and we have seen the results of such attitude in the other dev communities, where people just leave because of the attitude there, even if they were professionals and senior developers.
  • You can follow up on NS development on Distrowatch and on NS Blog if you want to just keep tabs on what is new.

Try to understand that near-border-line rudeness is not an excuse to make your point valid.

• If you did not use the features on one platform or another that does not mean I did not use them and maybe i found them usefull

Best regards
PS: Try to keep the professional attitude.

3 Likes

thank you for your observations, I’ll keep them in mind :wink: