SOGo Active Sync

I’m inclined to agree, however this client works seamlessly with an Exchange server.

oh, and one other thing I have tried, if I open up the /Microsoft-Active-Sync URL in a web browser I get an authentication login box. In this I have tried every permutation of username / email / host / domain but still get an authentication failure, so that would point to a server problem rather than a problem with the client.

Also forgot to mention that in my day job I am responsible for 30+ Exchange servers globally. I always try out the new tools on the family first and many of them make it into our enterprise.
I would love to get rid of all that Microsoft dependency!

ROTFL

I succeed to use the f. activesync, in few minutes…I use

[root@NS7DEV ~]# rpm -qa sogo
nethserver-sogo-1.6.4-1.ns7.noarch
sogo-3.2.7-1.ns7.x86_64

my only errors was to ‘accept all certificats’, and of course that your server domain name must be reachable on your local network.

But But you can sync only one calendar and one adressbook … I love when developers accept such limitation :slight_smile:

Your Issue confirms to me that we have to make a sogo wiki page with a lot of more informations like this

http://wiki.sogo.nu/Android or http://www.iredmail.org/docs/activesync.android.html

who wants to start something ?

1 Like

you can use fail2ban, or change the default ports

what is the browser you used, I cannot reach the url, ok i’m with fedora25 and firefox(blank screen) or chrome (error403)

BTW the good login is user@domain.com

Thanks @stephdl
So yours works fine straight out of the box?

I wonder if my problem is something to do with me starting with the RC. I also installed WebTop4 but then removed that because it couldn’t cope with the apostrophe in my name.

Perhaps a complete reinstall might help.

Hmmmm… I’m using chrome. However I don’t get the browser authentication box anymore since upgrading to the latest patch level.
The URL was either:
https://domain.com/Microsoft-Active-Sync OR https://domain.com/SOGo/Microsoft-Active-Sync

Can’t remember exactly which however the latter give the standard web form login rather than a browser auth login.

yes, just installed on a new vm, first nethserver-dc, then nethserver-sogo, it worked out of the box

If you plan to use NS on a LAN with samba shares, the SAMBA AD is a mandatory. Have you tried to reset the password of the user ???

Ok, succeed on chrome, I have a login page, then I used ‘user@domain.com’ and its password, I went to the webmail

yes, that’s what I get now and can log in with that web form.
Previously it wasn’t a web form but a browser pop-up login box.

Just tried with an LG phone and different client - ‘Invalid login. Please try again’.

Going to blow away SOGo and reinstall…

you can confirm that you set in the client to accept any certificat ?

Just saw the note mentioning my name and read the dialogue. Webtop4 jumped out at me when I read it.

In my experimentation, I found that Webtop4 and SOGo do not co-exist nicely. And if I uninstalled Webtop4 - I still had hanging issues. My action was to reload a clean install from scratch and then add SOGo.

PS. My main mobile is BB10 based - and it works with both Exchange and SOGo.

Thanks for your input @kisaacs
That confirms my suspicions. I stripped out everything - nextcloud, webtop, sogo etc and then just reinstalled SOGo. Still experiencing the same issues.
I will reinstall Nethserver and see how that goes.

Cheers!

@Stefano_Zamboni
I have to agree, most Android base mail clients are fairly substandard (suitable for only the home user / domestic end-user market), K9 must be the only half decent mail (POP3 and IMAP based) client for Android.

Also K9 is one of the very few Android mail clients that is fully open souced and has an Apache based EULA – source code and license agreement can be found at: https://github.com/k9mail/

1 Like

Sry, don’t got it - is this right? I can only syn 1 calender - I need 5!?

I use Aquamail Pro on my phone. Before I used K9. Take a look at it. It costs a few bucks, but IMO it’s worth.

I’m not an expert, I added this feature in smeserver-sogo, but I didn’t really use it. The implementation here was done by @mark_nl

For what I tested only one calendar and one addressbook, if you need more you might use caldav and carddav…of course I’m not a power Microsoft User I just know perl and php :cry:

If I’m wrong shout

Thanks all for your help with this. I have just installed a clean NethServer with just email & SOGo and now my ActiveSync works perfectly.
So as @kisaacs pointed out, having a previous install of WebTop4 messed up with the system.

One step closer to banishing the Googs! :wink:

2 Likes

@flatspin, I did have a look at Aquamail when I was examining suitable mail client software for Android about two years ago but decided to use K9 because of the open source licence and the ability to combine this app with PGP encryption (using either OpenKeychain or APG), the only thing that K9 is lacking is the ability to create rule based filters.