So, what are you working on? 10 Dec 2018

NethServerians!
We’re are again. Everything ok?

Let’s kick off this new week now, this 2018 is ending and :santa: is coming!
Personally, I’m working on the Release Notes on NethServer 7.6
And you?

NOW Let me give a big warm welcome to our new members
Make yourselves at home and consider this your safe space for any questions you have related to NethServer

This is an incredible, supportive and understanding community. We’re all here to help each other.

So, what specifically are you working on at the moment? Are you setting up a new NethServer installation?

3 Likes

Doing some quick testing on 7.6 Beta2

2 Likes

on my third installation on production environment… testing 7.6 beta 2 me too

3 Likes

Polishing the ldap authentication on phpvirtualbox…coming soon

2 Likes

Sounds good!

Thanks stefano for your tests :wink:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m fighting against stupid antivirus that conflicts with bad browsers…

Dusting off some of the edu apps that are developed for NethServer: Moodle and following the howto for Gibbon
I was able to iron out 1 last issue on Moodle. Next step is updating the moodle package to moodle 3.6
(@mrmarkuz: hint hint)

1 Like

Hey, thank you for including me,
I am trying to do this:

Let me explain to you my plan, like this you see the picture.

1 NS install that provides:

1. Internet via radius control (user choose their passwords via Keycloak and manage their credentials)
  2. Nextcloud, hum hub and mattermost all linked to ldap and can manage their account password, user quotas etc via Keycloak
  3. Have Keycloak provide 1 authentification for all 4 services via some sort of Authenticator
  4. Create printer quotas and printing access based on the user group and profile.
    5 Get automatic quotas in GB for next cloud based on which group the user is a member of.

This is what I am trying so hard to put on and manage, not that simple du to lack of clear documentation.

I am planning to write a step-by-step guide to replicate my installation. This for a small co-working business based in Geneva Switzerland, and I am trying to do all of it open source.

Hello and welcome, the community would appreciate to get a HowTo…

:+1: will definitely do

1 Like

Hi @Karim_Paul and welcome to the NethServer community and project.
I don’t know how large your userbase is for the services you want to provide for you users, but if there are quite some users, it might be a good idea to have a look at the savapage module. It is a VERY extensive application and very well documented by @rijkr, the developer.

Thanks @robb
I’ll check this out. Currently I have about 15 to 20 users. But I want to be ready for the expansion.
Also does anyone know when Nextcloud 15 will be available?

Really soon. I guess over the next weeks after 7.6 release

1 Like

After running into issues with internal certificates:

in the subsequent process of researching I ended up writing a tool. Because, you know, I will end up having to do it again and the old memory’s not what it used to be - so I put it up on sourceforge.

And, of course, someone else may get some use out of it, too.

I’m not the OpenSSL / certificate / security guru by any means, so please do correct any errors I may have made.

Hey there,

I am The owner of a Medium size business.

Right now we run a SBS 2011 for groupware and DC. The Second Server Runs on 2016 with 2VM.

The sbs is on The final Stretch so i am thinking about replace the sbs with NS. The 2. Server will stay with 2016, But the 2 VM will no longer be neccessary.

Due the fact that we run an ERP System bases on WiN, i think thats the way to go.

Groupware, E-Mail Server ,Firewall would be the Job of NS.

Will See how it works out. Gonna set up a Test environment and go for it :grin:.

Regards and have a good christmas.

Tom

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Moodle 503 service temporarily unavailable