So, here's what I'm working on ;)

(Laurent) #1

Hello all,

I’m new here. Thank you for your welcome messages in this community, like : So, what are you working on? It’s cool.
You asked me what/how I use NS, here is the first answer.

To start, let me say that I’m an user of SME-Server since many years, at home, at work and for associations. I’m not developer, just a power user in padawan mode :wink:
I discovered NS few month ago, I’ve meet @stephdl at a FOSS meeting in France: Capitole du Libre.

I’m the holder of the project Mail2Voice. It’s an email client for people with disabilities like illiteracy, motor handicap, cognitive handicap or DYS. There are 3 developers to work on the code and I work on the public communication and the team tools.
And it’s for this needs that I’ve test NS and now we’re migrating on.
We were using a dedicated server with debian for our hostings, but it’s not so easy for me… With NS I found a ‘cpanel’ very more easy to use for admin tasks.

So I’ve just install NS on our dedicated server, and we already use vhosts for public website (Joomla!), wiki (dokuwiki) for devs, a board (kanboard), analytics (piwik).
I’ve install a Mumble server (Murmur) for our audio meetings.
We’ll use, and it will be new for us: Nextcloud (for team private shares), email hosting (perhaps with Sogo).
I like the account provider (ldap), the easy using for Let’s Encrypt, to do not restart the server after each updating, etc.
I still have a problem with Joomla! and SEF urls in https mode and with email hosting (I’ll open a new thread soon).

Here’s my first feedback after this NS discovery.
Please ask me more if you want precisions.

Regards,

Laurent

Moving from SME Server and problems with virtual host
(Rob Bosch) #2

I think @apradoc will be thrilled to hear about your Mail2Voice for his friends in the Accessible World

Could you help the NethServer community with a howto to install Mail2Voice on NethServer?

(Laurent) #3

Hi @robb,

Great tread, thanks for it.

Mail2Voice is a client mail, for workstations. And the actual release is only on Windows! We’re working on a cross platform version, but it still stay a client software…