This is to share my experience so far and to explain how it works and how you can test ,
- Smartphone with Android + internet
- PHP server
How it works
- Create an account on smsgateway.me
- Install the application smsgateway on your smartphone
- After the installation you need to provide your username and password to the app.
—Pay attention if you change your password later , you will need to delete the device, uninstall the app and then re-install it---- There is no option to update username and password into the phone app.
- On the smsgateway you will see your device registered and an ID was assigned to it… Note the ID number … https://smsgateway.me/admin/devices/index
- Go to https://smsgateway.me/sms-api-documentation/getting-started
- Download https://smsgateway.me/sms-api-libraries/sms-gateway-me-php.zip
- unzip the file into the php root folder
- Create a file called send.php
$smsGateway = new SmsGateway('youremail', 'yourpass');
$deviceID = yourdevid_;
$number = '+xxxxxxxxxxxx';
$message = 'Test 1 Hello ';
$options = [
'send_at' => strtotime('+1 minutes'), // Send the message in 1 minute
'expires_at' => strtotime('+1 hour') // Cancel the message in 1 hour if the message is not yet sent
//Please note options is no required and can be left out
$result = $smsGateway->sendMessageToNumber($number, $message, $deviceID, $options);
- Point your browser to the file send.php
https://smsgateway.me/admin/messages/index check the message sending status. here also you can send your message right of the smsgateway website,
I seek someone to create an APP for nextcloud so that sms can be customized and sent without changing the PHP file every time.
Also have a local copy of the incoming sms.
This could be the better version of the existing https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/ocsms
Hope this one will find an interested developer.