Shares on non-domain network devices

Hi Michael,

in case yes, but just temporary. Also the TV accepts [a-z][A-Z][0-9] and “.”, “_” and “-”. Fair enough to create a mostly secure password containing upper and lower case, digits and special characters. In my case the such PWDs are 8-10 characters long. I am quite shure that this is does work as I had exactly the same password on my old Zentyal installation :slight_smile:

Best regards
Thorsten

Main error log seems to be this here from messages.log
Sep 24 14:48:05 ebb-s01 smbd[6948]: [2018/09/24 14:48:05.015894, 0] …/source3/auth/auth_domain.c:226(domain_client_validate) Sep 24 14:48:05 ebb-s01 smbd[6948]: domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user SONOS in domain NODOMAIN to Domain controller NSDC-EBB-S01.AD.myname.tld Error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

The Sonos device “introduce himself” as .\SONOS. Could you specify the domain into the login section? something like AD.EBBINGHAUS.WORLD\SONOS or sonos@ad.ebbinghaus.world

(usual kind of issues when people try to connect Windows computers without any “housing reference” of usernames…)

1 Like

Hi Michael,

within this thread, we are not talking about a sonos device. The sonos devices work perfectly. No, it is not possible to use the userPrincipalName - the TV does not allow the “@” as a special character.

TIA
Thorsten

That means, as stated above, that the TV is announcing the user as comming from the local domain, which is none for the TV’s perspective (it is not joined to the domain).

Try DOMAINNAME\USER and if that doesnt work, you will probably have to make a difference file between the two smb.conf files … I can not explain it with my knowledge, and did not encounter this issue myself yet.

On the Nethserver page, your domain has a NETBIOS Domain name … use that.

I think so, too. Sadly, my TV does not allow to use \ …